Senior Events Manager (Maternity Cover)
Pride of Britain is a large-scale event owned and managed by the Reach events team in collaboration with the Mirror and ITV. Celebrating ordinary people who do extraordinary things, Pride of Britain is now in its 19th year and is still growing and developing every year. In 2018 Reach events team launched The NHS Heroes Awards in partnership with ITV, to honour the staff and volunteers who make the NHS the envy of the world.
In your role as Senior Event Producer you will be responsible to leading the campaign and all event management for Pride of Britain and The NHS Heroes for Reach plc. You will work as part of a small, dedicated team to deliver a sleek high-end event and engaging campaign.
- Setting and managing timelines and deadlines for all areas of the campaign
- Working closely with Pride of Britain founder and Head of National Events to understand the direction for the event and implement the strategy
- Sourcing and managing a production company to create an extensive media red carpet to exacting standards.
- Managing one direct report, as well as the work flow for the wider team for Pride of Britain and The NHS Heroes Awards. This includes freelancers, volunteer staff and resources within other departments across Reach.
- Working closely with the Production Manager at ITV to ensure that all elements produced by ITV work seamlessly with all elements produced by the Reach team. ITV produce the stage and all VTs, whilst Reach manage the venue, red carpet production, all winner and celebrity liaison.
- Work with the Partnerships Manage to ensure that all sponsor commitments are adhered to and help with any developments which may help to maximise the partnership
- Management of the event budgets, ensuring that all costs are within budget, are tracked and suppliers paid on time.
- Working with internal designers to create all printed design elements and creative concepts for the events.
- Additionally to managing Pride of Britain and The NHS Heroes Awards, you will be required to help across all other national events; from developing concepts to implementation of new events and supporting with existing events.
The Ideal Candidate
* Strong track record of managing high-level red carpet events
* 6 years' experience within the events industry
* Experience within a media/publishing company
* A positive, enthusiastic approach and a real commitment to ensuring that a job is done well.
* Great attention to detail and a good eye for design
* Ability to work well within a team and be able to engage people from all areas of a business at all levels
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
* Good Microsoft Office skills and ability to learn new software programmes
In addition to competitive salaries, bonus structures and a contributory pension scheme, Reach PLC offer a whole host of voluntary flexible benefits. These include holiday purchase, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, staff discounts, season tickets & parking loans and an employee assistance programme.
We are committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.