On Track Coach
On Track Coach
Temporary, Full Time
Temporary until December 2019
The Matthew Project in Norwich are currently hiring an On Track Coach
About The Matthew Project:
The Matthew Project is a value driven charity working across East Anglia giving help and hope through programmes with adults, young people and communities affected by drugs and alcohol.
On Track is a partnership between The Matthew Project (Lead agency), YMCA Norfolk, ACE (Action Community Enterprise), GYROS, The Prince’s Trust and Nansa.
It seeks to support young people with multiple and complex needs into education, training and employment. On Track has been funded as part of the Building Better Opportunities programme and is a project jointly funded by the Big Lottery Fund and the European Social fund.
On Track Coach – Job description:
We are looking for an experienced professional to support young people under the age of 24 years old with substance misuse issues as part of On Track.
- You will provide one to one support to young people with multiple and complex needs (with a focus on drugs and alcohol) in Norfolk
- You will help them reach their goal of moving towards or getting into education, training or employment
- Other elements of the role include; partnership work, outreach, networking, promoting sustainability and diversity within the project and raising the profile of the On Track service across the county.
- The office base for this post is Norwich but will cover a wider geographical area across the whole of Norfolk
- The work will be carried out within the service location and in the community
- Temporary role until December 2019
On Track Coach – Required skills and experience:
- You will need experience of working directly with young people
- Should have a relevant qualification or experience
- Should have an understanding of the issues facing young people in relation to drug and alcohol use and unemployment
- The ability to travel is essential
We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds, of any faith or none.
How to Apply
To join The Matthew Project team, the next step is to click apply where you will begin the application process.
You will need to complete the online application process to be considered for this role.
Interviews will take place on Tuesday 14th August 2018 at our offices in Norwich.
Closing Date: 12pm (noon) on Wednesday 8th August 2018