Test Systems Engineer
Job Title: Test Systems Engineer
Location: Shipley, West Yorkshire
Hours: Full Time
The Company are seeking key individuals to join the existing assembly teams engaged in the production of advanced electronics systems and integrated end to end RF & microwave solutions for the defence, space and security markets.
In this role you will design and develop test systems and processes for new products being introduced in to manufacturing. Support the new systems into production, improving and optimising to suit production requirements.
- Design, document, commission and improve test solutions suitable for volume manufacturing.
- Liaise with the engineering team to, creating test solution designs to meet engineering and operations requirements
- Document the solutions and manage the introduction into manufacturing,
- Review performance with a view to ongoing development to optimise solution performance, cost and efficiency.
- Responsible for capture of test system requirements from both Engineering and Production.
- Lead the design and development of test systems, hardware and software, to satisfy the determined requirements.
- Investigation & evaluation of new test systems equipment, techniques, etc.
- Supervision of other Test Systems Engineers/Technicians.
- Generation of BoMs and build information for bespoke test equipment, e. Interface boxes
- Procurement of parts for bespoke test equipment, e. Interface boxes.
- Day-to-day management and tracking of test systems issues until resolved.
- Generate production documentation with respect to Test Systems.
- Training of Technicians with use of the Test Systems.
- Liaison with other Engineering and Operations staff in defining requirements for Test Systems.
- Attend NPI Design Reviews to ensure Test requirements are being considered.
- Leading the process of continuous improvement to reduce test/alignment times.
- Any other reasonable duties as directed by a member of management.
- Experience of developing volume manufacturing solutions for RF products is essential
- Degree level or equivalent
- Experience of test solution design and development
- Experience of leading small teams
- Experience communicating with customers verbally and in written forms
- Strong listening and problem solving skills
- Ability to understand and document information
- Experience of general RF Test equipment (signal generators, spectrum analysers, network analysers)
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover letter for consideration.
Candidates with experience of; Testing Engineer, Test System Designer, Test System Engineer, Test Solutions Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Multi Skilled Electrical Technician, Test Engineer, Test Engineering, Manufacturing, Electrical Technician, Industrial Electrician, Electrical Test Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Mechanical Test Engineer will also be considered for this role.