Based in Dorking, Surrey
Starting salary £16,500 pa
We are a successful UK based insurer selling car insurance primarily through brokers but also directly to the public through the Insure 2 Drive, Go Girl and Drive Smart brands.
You will operate within agreed underwriting authority and according to the Sabre underwriting philosophy and strategy, whilst taking personal ownership of handling quotations and proposals.
You will also work as part of a team delivering high quality service to intermediaries. This is a 2 year training scheme in which a performance review including a salary increase is given every 3 months for the duration of the 2 years.
- Acquire motor underwriting knowledge.
- Consider quotation requests, proposals and/or amendments to existing policies and calculate premiums by reference in line with Sabre risk pricing.
- Responsible for own case work and trained to make effective decisions within own authority level.
- Receive training to effectively handle telephone enquiries.
- Work to operational deadlines.
- Respond to and take ownership of customer enquiries and allocated mail
- Reporting to the team leader, key internal relationships will be with other members of the team and other teams within Underwriting. Key external relationships will be with intermediaries.
- 5 GCSE passes or equivalent (grades A-C) including English Language and Mathematics
Skills and Experience:
- Experience of working in an office.
- Ability to prioritise own work and manage workloads
- Attention to details and ability to accurately record information
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Computer skills.
- Planning and organising
- Delivering excellent customer service
- Team work
- Delivering results
- Embracing change
- Friendly nature