MSc Professional Practice (Performance Analysis) Studentship
Job Title: MSc Professional Practice (Sports Performance Analysis) Studentship
Location: Bisham National Sports Centre
Salary: N/A (studentship)
Position: Studentship, Full time
- Are you inspired by the Olympic and Paralympic movement and the 'power of Sport?'
- Do you want the chance to work alongside and learn from the best athletes, coaches and science and medicine practitioners?
- Are you dynamic, self-motivated, committed to excellence and devoted to a career in Performance Analysis?
The University, in partnership with Cardiff Metropolitan University and England Hockey is offering an exciting MSc Studentship opportunity to a dynamic, self-motivated individual committed to a career in Performance Analysis. Alongside their studies on the MSc Professional Practice (Sport Performance Analysis) postgraduate course, the successful candidate will engage in an industrial placement with England Hockey, spending time learning alongside University's Performance Analysis practitioners within the World class programme. This studentship does not require attendance at Cardiff Metropolitan University.
The University will provide full sponsorship of the course fees for the 2018/2019 academic year.
Studentship Placement Overview
- Time: The MSc will be a full-time commitment and it is anticipated that the successful candidate will have a contact time equivalent of 4 days per week with England Hockey. It should be noted that the nature of the placement is likely to require attendance during evenings, at weekends and bank holidays
- Location: The candidate will be based predominantly out of Bisham National Sports Centre, however the nature of the placement may require you to travel to other sites within the UK and potentially internationally.
- Duration: The studentship will start from September 2018 and last for a maximum of one year.
Main learning opportunities, tasks and activities:
- First hand exposure to the high performance environment of England Hockey and the University system.
- The opportunity to learn alongside the University's Performance Analysis team which will also develop the skills, knowledge and experience required to be able to deliver to the elite coaches and athletes.
- Experience data and video analysis solutions through applied software, hardware and feedback processes.
- Design targeted support and projects to identified coaches, under the supervision of the University's Performance Analysis team. This support will dovetail with the academic studies.
- The opportunity to be involved in a range of University personal development opportunities across the year including meetings, workshops and CPD forums.
- The opportunity to be involved with the analysis provision to the Senior Squads, and the Development Programmes.
- Undertake analysis projects and present findings to relevant staff.
- The above is not regarded as exclusive or exhaustive.
Person Specification for the Studentship Placement
- A long-term commitment to a career in Performance Analysis, or equivalent within elite sport.
- An understanding of the role of Performance Analysis and Sport Science support either through academic qualifications or experience.
- A commitment to seizing opportunities and developing personal excellence with any situation they are presented with.
- A proactive approach to problem solving under pressure.
- A team player who can drive their own development.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact effectively with others.
- Ability to balance conflicting demands and tight deadlines.
- Be committed, prompt, and professional at all times.
- Receptive to feedback about own behaviour, strengths and areas for improvement.
- Proficient in using Mac OS, and Excel.
- Prior experience in the provision of performance analysis support to athletes and coaches to improve performance.
- Basic knowledge and experience of data and video analysis systems and their use and impact to improve performance.
- Experience in the use of SportsCode, iBooks and iMovie.
How to apply for the Studentship opportunity
The application process contains two independent requirements.
- The successful applicant will be expected to be independently accepted on the MSc Professional Practice (Sport Performance Analysis) course for the 2018/2019 Academic year, following the standard process for enrolment on this course.
- The responsibility is on the applicant to ensure that they apply within the pre-determined timelines and achieve the entry level requirements for enrolment.
- Specific course details and to enrol on the course can be found here
- This opportunity is open to candidates already enrolled on the MSc in Performance Analysis of Sport course or to candidates in the process of enrolling.
If you are shortlisted to the next stage, there will be a formal interview scheduled for Tuesday 21st August at Bisham Abbey National Sports Centre.
To apply for this role please click APPLY and CHECK YOUR EMAILS for the link to the application form.