Hardware Assembler / Assembly Technician
Job Title: Hardware Filter Assembler
Location: Shipley, West Yorkshire
Hours: Full Time
The Company are seeking key individuals to join the existing assembly teams engaged in the production of advanced electronics systems and integrated end to end RF & microwave solutions for the defence, space and security markets.
The role will consist of the assembly of intricate products to a high standard and carrying out various essential processes within the production environment following procedures and specifications in accordance with the appropriate guidelines.
- Hand assembly of electronic devices using microscopes and hotplates implementing soldering, epoxy and bonding techniques
- Working to process specifications, manufacturing instructions and required standards as determined by the product design
- Meet requirements of line and audit inspection to IPC-A-610 and Mil standard 2000 and 883
- Follow written, pictorial and verbal working instructions from Engineers and other team members
- Highlight any re-work issues or problems to the Operations Support department and their Operations Management.
- Work with the Operations Test teams and ensure smooth flow of product is maintained
- Work with the Engineering team and Operations Support team during redesign and new product introduction
- Participate in Continuous Improvement activities and any new working initiatives
- Assist in the generation of new manufacturing aids as required
- Be responsible for continuous improvement activities both individually and as part of the team
- Contribute to and support all the lean manufacturing techniques adopted as part of the Company's Production System including 5S, Kaizen, KANBAN etc.
- Good hand to eye co-ordination
- Ability to follow written, pictorial and verbal working instructions
- Patience and an eye for detail
- Ability to consistently produce high quality work
- Must be adaptable and have the ability to multi-skill
- Experience of hand assembly of electronic devices
- Experience in the use of various epoxies and solders
- Experience of soldering/bonding
- Experience in building intricate products using microscopes
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover letter for consideration.
Candidates with experience of; Production Assembler, Mechanical Assembler, Electro-Mechanical Assembler, Assembling Assistant, Opto-mechanical Assembly Operative, Production Operator, Production Operative, Manufacturing Operative, Process Operator, Manufacturing Engineer, Production Operator, Production Technician, Process Technician, Production Engineer will also be considered for this role.