Agency Community Transport Driver
4 days left
- Full Time
Agency Community Transport Driver
Community Support Services
Civic Centre and driving across the Borough of Elmbridge and surrounding area when necessary
Responsible to the Transport Manager
3 month fixed term with a few to be extended to 6 months and possibility for a perm role for the right candidate.
Hourly rate starts off at £9 with the potential to rise to £10.
HOURS ARE MONDAY TO FRIDAY 8-4.
NO EXPERIENCE NECCESARY IN THIS ROLE BUT IDEALLY EXPERIENCE WITHIN A CARE CAPACITY AND ALSO MUST HOLD D1 LICENCE (HELD YOU LICENCE PRIOR TO 1998 - THIS IS AUTOMATIC).
DBS CHECK WILL ALSO BE DONE.
The main purpose of the Job
To drive the Community Transport fleet giving appropriate care and support to service users, covering for leave, staff holidays and sickness when required. The Community Transport Service provides Community Transport, Dial a Ride, Hire a Bus and Community Cab service and there could be a requirement to support any of these services.
To drive the Meals on Wheels vehicle to deliver Meals on Wheels into the Mole Valley Borough to cover for Meals on Wheels driver holiday / sickness.
To drive for the patient transport service when required.
Day-to-day Transport Scheduling
· All drivers will report to the Senior Lead Scheduler for their daily and weekly transport schedules. Drivers also will be expected to report for changes to their daily transport runs as well as inform the Senior Lead Scheduler for sickness days, holidays and medical appointments
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
To drive as a driver on the Community Transport fleet, fulfilling the role as follows:
- To be responsible for observing all the necessary legal requirements which apply to road users together with those requirements which apply specifically when driving a minibus
- To drive minibuses, ensuring the passengers are comfortable and safe during the journey, which includes the use of seatbelts and wheelchair restraints at all times.
- Where necessary, to assist/escort those people who experience difficulty in leaving and returning from their homes. This may require the use of wheelchairs, walking aids, etc and the tail-lift as required.
- To follow all approved procedures as set out in the Drivers' Handbook.
- To report immediately, by shortwave radio or telephone, to the Community Transport Office when a passenger fails to answer the door.
- To use own initiative and to liaise with other drivers within the Section as a member of the Team to co-ordinate temporary changes to daily rotas and order of pick up.
- On occasions due to the frailty of the customer base it may be necessary to act as an escort with another driver.
- To ensure the minibuses are in a roadworthy condition and to carry out a daily inspection within the agreed procedures.
- To ensure the Council's policy of no smoking within the vehicle is adhered to at all times.
- To ensure the vehicle being driven is cleaned regularly.
- To maintain record systems as appropriate.
- To support the Meals on Wheels service operating out of the Cobham Centre providing a service into Mole Valley to deliver meals as appropriate in the Meals on Wheels vehicle when existing drivers are not available.
Apply for Agency Community Transport Driver
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly