TITLE: HR Officer
JOB REF: PV10543
Salary: £20,000 - £23,000
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
JR Personnel are an employment agency acting on behalf of a client who is looking for an HR Officer
• Supporting the Head of HR with the execution of the HR Strategy.
• Work as part of the HR team to create a working environment that is positive and professional and in which knowledge and skills are readily shared and developed.
• Engage with key stakeholders across the organisation to deliver an exemplary HR generalist service.
• Responsible for the day to day management of the recruitment and selection process, establishing and maintaining effective relationships with recruitment agencies and act as the key point of contact.
• Lead the employee probation and induction process.
• Support line managers to create a culture of engagement and high performance.
• Provide line managers with advice and support on the performance review process.
• Oversee all professional development
• Provide appropriate, effective and timely advice, information and support to line managers and employees on HR policies and procedures.
• Provide support and advice to line managers on a range of HR issues including change management, recruitment and selection, performance management, absence, grievance and disciplinary matters and other people related issues.
• Support with employee relations case management.
• Support the Head of HR with a range of project work, ensuring allocated work is on track with the project plan.
• Provide advice and guidance to employees on issuing the correct contracts to employees, workers and consultants.
• Excellent attention for detail and be able to work methodically and consistently
• Excellent presentation, written and oral communication skills
• Good interpersonal skills including tact and discretion and the ability to handle confidential information
• Ability to influence line managers
• Able to proactively identify where HR support is needed and take appropriate action
• Ability to objectively and systematically analyse problems in order to make the most effective decisions, through logical and creative approaches.
• Proven experience in a busy generalist HR role at a similar level
• Experience of advising managers and problem solving across a wide range of HR activities
• Experience of collecting and analysing information and producing reports
• Proven working knowledge of current UK employment law & best practice
• Experience of day to day recruitment including interviewing
• Proven knowledge of HR processes
• Payroll experience
Due to the number of responses generated we are unable to get back to every applicant. If you have not heard from us within seven days you will not have been successful on this occasion.