Transport Admin Support / Transport Admin Assistant / Logistics
Job Title: Transport Admin Support
Location: Milton Keynes / Luton
Salary: £24,000 to 26,000 per annum dependant on experience
Job Type: Full time Permanent, Monday to Friday 08:00 to 17:00
They are family owned businesses who have been in the recycling industry for over 100 years, they are a friendly team looking for an outgoing and confident Transport Admin Support Person who loves a challenge.
This is an exciting opportunity to join their specialist teams at their Luton and Milton Keynes sites to provide Transport Administration Support.
The role as transport admin support is a demanding role. If approached dynamically with innovation and enthusiasm, the transport admin support position role can be greatly fulfilling, providing experience to the transport department with an array of varied tasks and duties.
- The transport admin support role is responsible for getting the correct quantities of materials to their required location within a given time limit and as a result must effectively organise and manage a team of drivers and vehicles, locally and surrounding Company Sites.
- As a transport admin support person, you will be responsible for personnel, monitoring their progress and being their first point of contact should a problem arise making communication skills vital. These communication skills are also vital in the development of customer relationships, managing questions and complaints calmly and decisively.
- The transport admin support position is responsible for organising and overseeing all Health & Safety checks and routine vehicle checks and adhering to both company and statutory requirements.
- The transport admin support position must also be involved in strategic development working closely with the Transport and Logistics Manager and the maintaining of any administrative records, regularly communicating with The Company's Site Managers to ensure a smooth operation.
- You must also be aware of all transport legislation and procedure to ensure company compliance.
Key Skills & Experience:
- You will be required to hold relevant qualifications relevant to Transport Administration, Transport Reporting, and an understanding of transport / legislation regulations.
- A transport admin support person requires knowledge and understanding of all areas of transportation, some budgets and financial controls and relevant fleet controls.
- The transport admin support person must be able to efficiently work within a high volume transport operation.
- A transport admin support person requires strong communication and people management skills being able to cultivate strong business relationships with other parts of the business, e. Sales and other Company Sites.
- The transport admin support person must have a sound understanding of basic numeracy skills as this position requires involvement in route planning, efficiencies and the calculation of weights and measures.
- Due to the high level of machinery and the importance of time constraints, a transport admin support person must also be safety conscious with a full knowledge of the transport operations and maintenance and be detail conscious with regards to the vehicles themselves and daily route planning.
- The transport admin support person must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and Excel.
- The successful candidate needs to be living within the border of Hertfordshire and Buckinghamshire (Dunstable A5, Leighton Buzzard and Milton Keynes)
- Candidate must own their own Transport and would be prepared to use their own vehicle to travel between sites,(would be able to claim for business miles)
- Must have a good knowledge of the Hertfordshire and Buckinghamshire area
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job title of; ; Transport Administrator, Receptionist, Secretary, Clerk, Support Administrator, Administrative Assistant, Transport Coordinator, Office Assistant, Transport Assistant, Administrator, Office Administrator, Secretary, Business Administrator, Admin, Operational Support, Logistics Assistant, Operations Administrator, Logistics Administrator, Customer Service Assistant, Customer Service Administrator will also be considered for this role.