Retail Sales Assistant / Retail Sales Consultant
Job Title: Retail Sales Assistant
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The Company is a leading manufacturer and distributor of stone, glass and ceramic tiles and is one of Britain's largest tile manufacturers, employing staff totalling circa 245 with a proven continuing record of growth. Their products are available in over 60 countries and over 2,000 quality retail shops worldwide.
They have a fantastic opportunity for an outstanding sales person (five days a week with weekend working) to work in a fun, exciting and design led environment at their stunning showroom in Cheltenham (GL51 9AA).
The Company is looking for someone who is a natural sales person and communicator with an outgoing, enthusiastic and confident personality.
As a Company they believe that the role of a Sales Assistant is to be passionate about their brand and to create an amazing shopping experience by combining their expert understanding of the products with a friendly and welcoming approach to provide exceptional customer service within the store.
- Greet customers and ascertain what each customer wants or needs, without being overbearing
- Complete a sale efficiently, being able to accurately handle money, credit card transactions etc. and provide the customer and the company with the necessary paperwork associated with the sale
- Maintain knowledge of current sales and promotions, policies regarding payment and exchanges, and security practices
- Continually learn about the product ranges
- Maintain records related to sales
- Watch for and recognise security risks and thefts, and know how to prevent or handle these situations
- Recommend, select, and help locate or obtain merchandise based on customer needs and desires
- Answer questions regarding the store and its merchandise
- Describe the range of products and explain the use, operation, and care of them to customers
- Ticket, arrange and display merchandise to promote sales
- Take delivery of stock from the main warehouse and store appropriately
- With the help of the rest of the team, ensure good housekeeping is maintained - a clean and tidy shop is essential
- If required, help customers to their vehicle with purchased product
- Inventory stock
- Endorse and promote a positive and conscious health and safety culture within the Company. Ensure always take reasonable care of their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions
The successful Candidate will be/ have:
- Two years sales experience
- Excellent customer services skills
- Able to suggest design concepts and proposals and present these to customers
- Creative, imaginative and energetic
- A flair for design and colour
- Willing to learn about the product and be able to retain the information
- Able to convey information effectively and accurately
- IT literate
- Able to work on their own initiative and also as part of a team
- A flair for interior design with previous work experience and/or studies in art and design would be a definite advantage
- An interest in DIY would be a benefit.
- Full and valid driving licence would be advantageous
It is imperative that they are a true "people person" with a fun and proactive approach to work.
In return the Company offers:
- A competitive salary
- Contributory pension scheme
- Staff discounts
- Childcare vouchers
- In addition there is structured training and the potential for career progression within our rapidly growing dynamic company
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of: Face to Face Sales, Retail, Customer Service, Sales Assistant, Customer Support, Sales Executive, Sales Agent, Customer Service Assistant, Business Development Executive, Sales Consultant, Product Specialist, Retail Sales Advisor will also be considered for this role.