Assistant Project Co-ordinator
Assistant Project Co-ordinator - Metalwork Fabrication and Installation
Location: Gravesend, Kent
Position: Permanent, Full-Time Mon to Fri 40 hours per week min
Owing to our clients continued expansion they now require an experienced and enthusiastic Assistant Project Co-ordinator to join their busy friendly team.
The successful candidate will be offered a competitive salary depending upon experience.
Our client is a specialist company fabricating and installing bespoke metalwork for new build developments across London and the South East.
The principle purpose of this role is to assist the Project Manager. The role will be varied and deadline driven, so excellent prioritisation and organisational skills are essential. You must be a confident communicator, proficient with Microsoft, AutoCAD and Excel, with experience in a similar role/environment.
- Assist management of projects to ensure they are completed on time and within budget
- Assist contract review, purchasing, management of production, delivery and invoicing
- Assist tender analysis and procurement including management and payment authorisation of supplier accounts
- Prepare detailed quotations and tenders for new and existing clients
- Liaise with workshop staff to advise on timescale, budget, design, and any issues
- Liaise with customers to up-date on progress and provide technical knowledge
- Deal with customer amendments including drawing revisions using CAD
- Reporting back to Project Manager on a daily basis
- Handling any customer queries/complaints in a prompt and professional manner
- Arranging delivery and/or installation, including site visits if required
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Proven engineering and fabrication knowledge/experience/background
- Excellent knowledge of all welding and sheet metal techniques
- Ability to read and work from detailed engineering drawings
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Excel
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to liaise closely with customers
- Ability to work under pressure, both on own initiative and as part of a busy team
- Ability to handle multiple varied projects from order through to completion
- CAD qualifications and experience are essential for this role (AutoCAD)
- Responsible, conscientious, punctual, highly organised and self-motivated
- 28 days holiday including Bank Holidays
- Free car parking
- NEST company pension scheme
- Company vehicle for site and customer visits
Please apply online and send your current CV / Cover Letter and any further documents supporting your application.
Orange Recruitment is advertising this position on behalf of our client. By clicking apply you accept that your application will be forwarded to only this client in order for them to consider you for the role.