Our client is looking for an experienced manager ideally knowledge of the R&D Tax Relief regime and holding accounting / or tax qualifications to lead a highly trained technology consulting team.
This is a fixed term part time contract and please note that candidates should be UK based only and live within reasonable distance from London where the role will be based.
Using your management and technical experience, your role will be to manage a team of consultants who are assessing technological innovation to determine if it is eligible for technology tax reliefs.This is done through face-to-face interviews with senior technical staff at their clients site. The consultants then articulate the technology, collect and collate financial data to be mapped to eligible projects, and represent all of this material in a compelling report. You will be responsible for ensuring the high quality and timely delivery of MMP’s services. You also will also assist in responding to HMRC enquiries and to help manage those enquiries to a successful outcome for our client and HMRC.
Technology Tax Reliefs encompass R&D Tax Reliefs including R&D Expenditure Credits and Capital Allowances for R&D, Creative Sector Tax Reliefs and the Patent Box.
These reliefs were introduced by the government to incentivise UK companies to invest in and commercialise their technology.
Qualities of the applicant:
This is a management and client-facing role which requires high quality output, excellent team and client management, self-discipline, punctuality, attention to detail and pride in all aspects of the quality of service being delivered.
- Accounting or tax qualification(s) or experience of R&D Tax Reliefs required
- Management experience of leading a team
- People development, management and leadership skills
- Experience working with clients or external stakeholders
- Quality compliance experience, particularly ISO
Demands of the role:
- You will be responsible for the management of a team of consultants, all of whom possess a broad range of experience and professional qualifications.
- Your role will be to provide leadership to the team, ensuring the development, delivery, and quality of client services. This will encompass quality compliance and commercial performance.
- In addition, you will be responsible for ensuring quality compliance and systems management across the business. You will be acting as a member of the management team at MMP, working to ensure business goals are achieved.
- When required, you will represent the consulting team with key clients or HMRC and act as a technical referral point for the consulting team. You will also manage monthly and ad-hoc reporting and analysis.
- You will carry responsibility for staff development and input to staff appraisals.
- Displaying drive and ambition, you should have well developed interpersonal and communication skills, combined with organisational and analytical capability. You will need to be both resilient and
Rewards of the role:
You would be joining a company that is growing fast. You will be managing the team dealing with clients’ senior staff and tracking and reporting on the consulting team’s performance.
A competitive pro-rated salary is offered along with a pension scheme and a generous bonus scheme based on achieving defined targets during the fixed term period.
Everyone in the business has a significant role to fulfil and each colleague is very important. You will be exposed to, and work with, a highly qualified group of tax, accounting and technology professionals from a mix of backgrounds and with deep expertise. Our client offers an excellent opportunity for professional and personal development in a challenging and stimulating entrepreneurial environment. The mix of skills, experiences and backgrounds in the team results in a unique and exciting group dynamic, in which the right person will be able to contribute and excel. MMP Tax offers breadth and depth in the provision of specialist technology-based tax consultancy services for corporate clients. Specific areas of expertise include tax reliefs for R&D, patents, video games and animation, specialised capital allowances, and IP planning. Specialist knowledge of technology tax reliefs is combined with practical experience in engineering and scientific disciplines. These skills are applied in a client friendly way to ensure clients submit robust and verifiable claims.
The directors have more than 30 years direct experience in technology tax relief from a technical and consulting perspective, in addition to wide-ranging experience in industry. Credentials range from founding venture capital-backed technology businesses, to running operating divisions of multinational corporate divisions, to professional and academic qualifications in finance, tax, engineering and scientific disciplines.
How to apply
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity please apply here and our client will be in direct contact
This advert is being managed by Partners of Research Ltd. trading as Hiring People. Your details will be passed onto our client. In some cases, where our client is acting on behalf of another employer, your details will also be passed onto them. We expect our clients to hold your data in a responsible fashion, but ultimately have no control. Partners of Research Ltd and/or our client may contact you confirming receipt of your application. Your data will be located on servers both within and outside the EU.