Information Governance Manager
*Please check our recruitment site / for the official closing date. Some of our roles will be linked to third party job boards which may not accurately reflect the correct closing date.
About the Role
As an Information Governance Manager at Diabetes UK, you will be responsible for providing expert advice on information governance topics and developing information governance policies and processes so that Diabetes UK can meet its legal obligations while achieving its charitable mission.
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to £1,600 towards a range of out of pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments)
- Early finish Friday and flexible working
- Discounts on gym membership and days out
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Annual season ticket loan
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and permanent health insurance
As the successful candidate for this role, you will manage an information governance framework across Diabetes UK bringing together Data Protection, Payment Card Security Records Management, the NHS Data Security and Protection Tool Kit and Information Security. You will promote a positive culture of Information Governance compliance throughout the charity through excellent communication, engaging training and clear, practical advice.
You will have:
- Extensive and proven expertise in information governance and security management
- A relevant data protection qualification
- Experience in applying information governance concepts in a health-related environment and ideally in a direct marketing environment
- Expertise in records management
- Exceptional communication skills, with the ability to explain information governance concepts to non-technical colleagues
- The ability to quickly build trust and relationships at different levels internally and externally
- Strong organisational and time management skills and be proactive and self-motivated
- The ability to analyse complex situations and make pragmatic risk-adjusted judgments
- a passion for delivering results and providing great customer service