3 days left
- Part Time
The Helpline Advisor plays an integral part in a team delivering a consistent, high quality information and support service for people living with diabetes and health care professionals in line with the policy and guidelines of the Diabetes UK Helpline.
This is a great opportunity to join a vibrant and lively team working together to make a difference to those living with and affected by diabetes. The role provides a fantastic insight into the Helpline with a strong training programme and opportunities to develop.
What we can offer you
- Generous annual leave starting off at 25 days plus 2 days TOIL and all bank holidays
- Discounted gym membership
- Annual season ticket loan
- Employee assistance programme
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities.
- Cash healthcare plan
As the Helpline Advisor you would be responsible for:
- Providing accurate and impartial information, at the appropriate level, to each individual who contacts Helpline via phone, email, web chat, social media and letter
- Use communication and listening skills to provide diabetes related advice, guidance and emotional support, and sign-posting where appropriate
- Carry a small caseload of Advocacy clients, providing advocacy casework support for individuals less able to advocate for themselves.
We are looking for someone with:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to personalise responses
- The ability to work calmly in a busy environment and work well as part of a team
- A real commitment to provide a high quality information and support service to people living with and affected by diabetes
Under the Safeguarding Vulnerable Groups Act 2006, as amended in particular by the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 this post is subject to pre-employment criminal records checks through the Disclosure and Barring Scheme (DBS), Disclosure Scotland, Access NI
For more information and to apply please visit: /
Please ensure you address the essential criteria in your application's supporting statement.
Diabetes UK recognises and respects the value and diversity of all.