Educational Support Worker
Educational Support Worker (E2830)
Fixed-term positions until 31 August 2019
"Continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential" (Winston Churchill)
Are you looking for a career that is dynamic, diverse and rewarding?
At Derby College our excellent reputation means that the numbers of supported students is growing year on year. We are recruiting to our expanding "OFSTED Outstanding' Inclusion and Support Team which offers a vast range of support to students across all college sites.
We would love to hear from you if...
- Working with young people and older students you see potential, possibilities and progression - regardless of their starting points
- You can work from a socially inclusive perspective and are able to apply socially inclusive principles to a range of students
- You are open to change and quality improvement in all you do
- You have the ability to meet challenges in a positive, motivated and inclusive way
- You believe that learning is for life and all should be given the opportunity to secure an aspirational future
- You would like to work within a multi-skilled team with a passion to support students in a person-centred way
We will be recruiting specialist Educational Support Workers to support students in:
ESOL Curriculum - ideally you will have ESOL experience, either as a student or as support in an education setting. We support a range of both 16-18 and 19+ students to develop their English and maths ability in order to support them to progress into Further Education and work.
Inclusion Curriculum - We are passionate about Preparation for Adulthood and about ensuring that young people with complex needs develop the skills and confidence for increasingly independent lives. We are looking for ESWs who share this motivation and are fully committed to inclusive practice.
Our students are aged from 16-25 and follow personalised learning programmes including embedded English and maths, social skills, life skills and personal development. ESWs provide a range of support across our curriculum and also throughout unstructured times of the day and work placements.
Educational Support Workers - Cross College Support - you will support students working across all academic levels from Entry Level 3 to Level 4 and above.
Students access support for a range of Inclusion needs and key areas for support have been for Dyslexia, Mental Health Difficulties and Autism Spectrum Conditions