Qualified Residential Support Worker
1 day left
- Full Time
Together Trust currently have a great opportunity for Residential Support Workers who are looking for a rewarding position where they can develop and even further their career with children who need their support. We have a number of EBD homes in the Stockport area which, through internal promotion and increased occupancy, have opportunities available.
Your role as a Children’s Residential Support Worker will involve:
• Supporting children aged 5 -18 in full time residential care.
• Being a positive and supportive role model for vulnerable children and young people, encouraging confidence, self-esteem and essential life skills.
• Having confidence and patience and be able to set boundaries for children and young people that may show challenging or emotional behaviour.
• Contributing to the physical, social and emotional wellbeing to provide a safe and nurturing atmosphere for children and young people.
• Being a key worker for a child/children under your care.
• Having the ability to shift lead when required.
• A willingness to train and develop your skills and make positive contributions to the team.
The ideal candidate will:
• Hold a QCF Level 3 or equivalent in children and young people's workforce
• Significant experience as a residential support worker
• Working knowledge of social emotional behavioural difficulties
In order to provide the required support the staff team will work shifts. This includes weekends, evenings, and potentially providing support on the young people’s annual holidays. Full flexibility over 7 days is required (37.5 hours a week) however, we can be flexible with you and you will need to have a valid driver’s licence.
If you are an experienced, qualified support worker and want to make a real a difference to a child’s life then we would love for you to join us!
The pay grade displayed for this post is determined in line with the NJC job evaluation scheme. Please note that regardless of experience or qualifications, all new Together Trust staff will start on the first pay-point of the relevant pay grade. Within each pay grade there are six points. Staff will progress from point to point on an annual basis providing that they meet the criteria set in the Together Trust pay policy.
Please note that role profiles are generic and are not meant to capture specific qualifications for specific roles. Therefore, please ensure you refer to the job description for specific details and requirements about the role you wish to apply for.
As part of Together Trust’s commitment to our staff and service users, any new recruits will be required to undertake pre-employment checks and a tailored mandatory induction programme before commencing their role. This process aims to create a positive supportive working environment allowing new employees to learn key elements of their role over a reasonable timescale. Each induction programme will be specific to the role and service you are successful for. Together Trust’s induction programmes and start dates are fixed so you will be required to attend the next available induction, depending on when your pre-employment checks are complete. We advise all successful candidates to be mindful of this when handing in their notice. For further information about pre-employment checks and Together Trust’s corporate mandatory training programme please contact the HR team on the email provided on your application form.
Please be aware that you must be over 21 years of age to apply for this role due to the age range of the young people in the services. (These roles are exempt from the Employment Equality (Age) Regulation 2006.
This is a Blue Octopus Recruitment Ltd vacancy who are operating as an employment agency. Once you have clicked to apply for this vacancy, we will then send you more information on the role including a copy of the application form via email
Apply for Qualified Residential Support Worker
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly