Maintenance Engineer / Service Engineer - Electrically Biased
Job Title: Electrically Biased Maintenance Engineer
Location: Denby, Derby
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The Company was founded in 1809 and is the largest casual tableware brand in the UK. Their heritage is at the core of their business and their stoneware is still proudly made in England.
For over 200 years, The Company has been producing superior products, and today they pride themselves on being the foremost producer of distinctive quality informal tableware.
Purpose of the Role / Responsibilities:
They currently have an opportunity for a fully qualified and experienced multi-skilled (60/40 electrical bias) Maintenance Engineer to join their busy electrical maintenance team.
The role consists mainly of breakdown repairs and preventative maintenance duties but also includes electrical installations, panel building, modernisation of plant and electrical / mechanical project work across the company's main factory, visitor retail centre and off-site warehousing facility.
Working within the engineering department of 20 mechanical and multi-skilled electrical engineers, the post will require working a 4-on/4-off (6am - 6pm and 10am - 10pm) shift pattern (including weekends, 6am - 6pm), and to be part of a call-out rota for out of hours plant cover (about 1 week in 4).
You must be able to demonstrate:
- A determined and flexible attitude to ensure a timely and professional routine/breakdown maintenance service in support of their high-volume manufacturing processes.
- Reactive and planned maintenance skills.
- Problem solving / breakdown analysis.
- PLC fault finding skills. (Mitsubishi, Allen Bradley, Siemens S5 / S7)
- Capable of understanding schematic electrical drawings.
- Strong understanding of industrial control systems.
- Working knowledge of inverter drives.
- Good electrical installation skills.
- Continuous improvements experience.
- Good communication skills.
- Strong team player.
- Basic mechanical problem solving.
- Proactive approach to engineering.
- Work within a self-organising team supporting other departments
All applicants must have/be:
- Minimum of 5 years experience within a manufacturing maintenance environment.
- Time served with a recognised apprenticeship.
- Qualified to C&G 236 part 2 (or equivalent NVQ).
- 17th edition regulation certificate.
- PLC qualification an advantage.
- Flexible and capable of working solely and/or within a team.
- Competitive salary
- Free on-site car parking
- Generous Employee Discount available from day 1
- Canteen on-site
- Christmas vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Please note due to the nature of the role, no sponsorship or relocation packages will be available for this position and so candidates must be eligible to both live and work in the UK to be considered
Candidates with experience of: Maintenance Engineer, Maintenance Technician, Site Engineer, Field Service Engineer, Service Engineer, Field Service Technician, Service Technician, Engineering Technician, Field Maintenance Engineer, Field Maintenance Technician, Mechanical Engineer, Mechanical Technician, Electrical Engineer, Electrical Technician, Repair Engineer, Repair Technician, Commercial Engineer, Plant Equipment Engineer, Plant Machinery Engineer, Commercial Plant Engineer, Fault Repair Engineer will also be considered for this role.