The jobholder will provide administrative support within the National Probation Service (NPS), ensuring that staff and service users are supported through efficient processes, maintaining administration systems within specified timescales in order to promote the achievement of team and Divisional objectives.
This is a part time temporary ongoing position based in Oldham, Manchester. Working hours will be 37 hours, no weekend work required.
The job holder will be required to carry out the following responsibilities, activities and duties:
- Setting up and maintaining accurate offender records, data input, arranging prison visits, enforcement administration, providing reception and telephone cover.
- Receive and distribute information and communications in an appropriate manner, e. telephone, paper, e-mail.
- Ensure the effective administration of referrals to and relationships between offender management, victims, interventions, service providers and external agencies and partnerships to enhance positive outcomes, manage risk, and reduce reoffending.
- Make practical arrangements such as appointments, directions, etc., for the implementation of the Sentence Plan.
- Carry out enforcement administration as required.
- Where necessary, issue petty cash /vouchers/warrants for travel costs etc, maintaining appropriate records in line with local office financial procedures.
Successful candidates will be able to prove that they
- Are competent and word, excel and if possible Lotus Notes.
- Can deliver at pace
- Are able to make effective decisions
Successful candidates are subject to security and identity checks and will need to provide 3 years worth of references prior to taking up post
If you are interested and you require any further information please feel free call 0161 288 6168.