Sports for Schools is a social enterprise that brings GB/Olympic athletes into primary schools to run events that inspire children. Through the scheme, 1200 schools receive a visit from a top athlete who leads a fitness circuit and delivers a motivational/inspirational assembly that creates memories that last a lifetime, attaching important messages to their visit. In the process Sports for Schools has inspired almost 2 million children, and raised £3 million for sports and PE equipment in primary schools.
Sports for Schools are seeking a team leader for their head office team (of 4) that organise the events with schools and liaise with athletes.
Particular responsibilities are (though, as a small and growing organisation these are not limited to):
- Leading a team of four Events Administrators in terms of;
- Assisting the team in meeting termly target for event bookings.
- Assisting the team in meeting business KPIs.
- Supporting management with business decisions and ad hoc tasks.
- Communicating team goals and identifying areas for new training.
- Motivating and incentivising the team.
- Answering team member questions, helping with team member problems and overseeing team work to ensure deadlines are met and quality is ensured.
- Conducting daily team meetings to update members on best practices and expectations.
- Improving accuracy, efficiency and error rates.
- Providing customer service that wows anybody that calls us, whether routine, happy or challenging
- Assisting management with the hiring process and new team member training.
- Delivering performance reviews and objective setting.
- Authorising annual leave requests and holiday calendar management.
- High energy levels with cheerful disposition and the ability to work under pressure.
- Able to show strong managerial qualities and the ability to lead by example.
- 3+ years in a supervisory role, or experience to demonstrate such capability.
- Naturally takes initiative without supervision.
- Telesales, telemarketing and/or customer service experience.
- Excellent telephone manner.
- Motivational, proactive, efficient and creative.
- Able to delegate tasks appropriately to the rest of the team.
- Good at listening while also persuasive.
- Mature, assertive and calm under pressure.
- Sound organisational and administrative skills.
- Like working in a small organisation.
- Strong interest in education, children and sports.
- IT skills: Word processing, Excel, use of structured business systems such as CRM.
- Good GCSE/O-level results, and/or studied to A levels.
Desirable (2-3 of these needed):
- Athletics, sporting or schools / teaching background.
- 5+ years of work experience in relevant roles.
- IT skills (computer set up, networks, etc).
- Business systems skills (setting up / managing a CRM or other cloud system).
- Salary £25k basic + 10% - 20% company bonus.
- 5 weeks holidays plus public holidays.
- 4% employer contribution (2% employee).
- Company funded life and income protection insurance.
- Opt-in private healthcare package.
- To do their bit to encourage people to live a healthy life.
- To inspire, challenge, and excite.
- To encourage “I can’t” to become “I can”.
- To be socially and environmentally responsible.
- To create worthwhile and well rewarded careers.
- To do the right thing.
To transform the culture in primary schools so that physical fitness is understood to be a pre-requisite to achieving academic and social potential.
Sports for Schools offers challenging fun, laughter and work with energetic people, schools and athletes who want to be successful by making a difference to young people’s lives. If you feel as strongly as they do about living a more fulfilling and healthy life then this could be the perfect environment for you to work in.
How to Apply
Please attach you CV to the link provided and the hiring company will be in direct contact.
This advert is being managed by Partners of Research Ltd. trading as Hiring People. Your details will be passed onto our client. In some cases, where our client is acting on behalf of another employer, your details will also be passed onto them. We expect our clients to hold your data in a responsible fashion, but ultimately have no control. Partners of Research Ltd and/or our client may contact you confirming receipt of your application. Your data will be located on servers both within and outside the EU.