Demand Planning Manager
1 day left
- Full Time
Demand Planning Manager
Birmingham, West Midlands
Our client is a leading global supplier of precious metals and high quality professional jewellery making products. They are the UK's largest one-stop shop for the jewellery maker with more than 18,000 products available for next day delivery.
They are now recruiting a Demand Planning Manager to join them at their head office based in Birmingham’s Jewellery Quarter.
Through managing and motivating your team of five, your overall responsibilities will be to manage the forecast and planning processes, optimise stock levels and improve internal procedures to ensure all activities associated with product supply is efficient and cost effective. You will achieve this by:
- Developing a stock forecast which encompasses the business plan, peak trading activities and the marketing initiatives
- Developing a replenishment schedule
- Analysing inventory to ensure it is within defined and agreed parameters, stock turn values are consistently achieved, and minimum stock levels are adjusted in line with forecast and demand plans
- Working alongside the Product Management Team planning inventory for new and existing product ranges
- Proactively troubleshoot issues that could potentially affect inventory levels and communicating as appropriate to sales teams
- Participating in some supplier meetings, measure supplier performance and maintaining the supplier relationships
- Liaising with the Logistics and Production Managers to ensure our client plans and communicates inbound deliveries
The successful candidate will:
- Have a forecast and demand planning background
- Have the ability to build and manage forecasting and planning strategies
- Have demonstrable experience managing a significant amount of SKUs
- Have excellent interpersonal, analytical, troubleshooting and team building skills.
- Be educated to degree level with excellent MS Excel skills
A foreign language would also be advantageous but not critical. As would knowledge and experience from within the Jewellery Industry.
- Salary £40K - £45K per annum (dependant on experience)
- Private Medical Insurance for yourself and family
- Up to 26 days’ annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Company Pension Scheme with employer contributions matched up to 8%
- Life Assurance (up to 6 times salary)
- Salary sacrifice schemes for Childcare vouchers and Cycle to Work
- Discounts on Company products
Visit our client’s website to learn more about their products and services.
As part of the new starter vetting process, the successful candidate will be asked to complete a criminal record check from the DBS and asked to provide references; due to the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) please do not disclose referee details on your CV.
Our client’s Job Applicant Privacy Notice can be viewed on their website.
They’re eager to hear from you if you’ve got experience as a Demand Planning Manager, Supply Chain Manager, Procurement Manager, Purchasing Manager, Purchasing & Procurement Manager, Senior Buyer or Senior Supply Chain Officer.
So, if you think you’d succeed as our client’s Demand Planning Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.