Product Specialist – Technical Support
Product Specialist – Technical Support
Hixon, Staffordshire (office/field based, covering the UK, Ireland and occasionally internationally)
With a proud heritage and nearly fifty years of success, our client is a pioneering manufacturer of precision lawnmowers. They are a wholly British-owned company and they serve a broad customer base, from the avid gardener to the world’s most famous sports grounds.
Due to expansion and the nature of the customers they serve, they are now seeking a Product Specialist to join their team and provide exceptional aftersales and technical support services.
- Salary of £25,000 - £30,000 DOE
- Company van derived car (for personal and business use)
- 28 days’ holiday (including Bank Holidays)
- Option to purchase up to five days’ extra holiday
- Pension scheme
- Personal development opportunities
Following the great British tradition of small engineering companies that create incredible products, our client started by creating specialist mowers primarily for sports grounds and have grown from strength-to-strength since then.
Today, in addition to providing the grounds-keeping tools for major sporting events on a global basis including the most recent World Cup, they also boast a range of domestic mowers that help beautiful lawns flourish across the UK.
This rare opportunity will see you supporting an exclusive range of professional customers such as gardeners and grounds-keepers, ensuring that they get the most from the products and resolving any issues they may experience.
Your mechanical engineering skills will be engaged, your customer focus will be utilised to maximum effect and you will undertake travel to meet with customers, discuss their machinery and support daily use.
As a Product Specialist, you’ll take on a newly-created role where your overall responsibility will be to enhance our client’s brand and ensure customers keep coming back.
You’ll join the Aftersales Department and, through training, will become an expert in our client’s entire product range. You’ll take charge of aftersales support, sales support both internationally and on a domestic basis and engineering support delivered face-to-face and via telephone.
Specifically, you will:
- Provide technical support to UK-based and international customers and dealers for both professional and domestic markets
- Create technical aftersales and sales support materials
- Deliver training to customers and dealers
- Present technical products to professional customers such as stadiums, bowling greens and cricket clubs
- Install technical products
- Provide technical training to dealers and international distributors
- Provide training to end users for large contracts
To be considered as a Product Specialist, you will need:
- Mechanical maintenance and repair experience
- Experience of presenting confidently in public and clear, concise communication skills
- The confidence to travel internationally
- Experience gained within a customer facing role or of managing and building relationships
- A full driving licence due to UK travel to our distributor network
Due to insurance requirements for company vehicles, our client can only accept applications from candidates over 25 years old.
Other organisations may call this role Product Specialist, Field Service Technician, Aftersales Technician, Aftersales Engineer, Sales Engineer, Mechanical Service Technician, Mechanical Engineer, Mechanical Support Engineer, or Sales Support Engineer.
Webrecruit and our clients are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are the mechanically-minded Product Specialist our client has been waiting for, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.