Experienced 1st line IT Support Engineer
Experienced 1st Line Support Technician – from 18-24k depending on experience
Our client is seeking a highly motivated professional, with a background of providing IT telephone/remote and in-person support using Service Desk methodology and software.
Largely based at their head office in Northampton, you will be working within a dedicated team to assist the IT Service Delivery Manager in the continued maintenance and smooth running of our client's infrastructure, break/fix support, proactive support and new equipment installations.
The successful candidate will report into the IT Service Delivery Manager and will be involved in the operational resolution of incidents, problems, events, requests, the maintenance of the IT systems/infrastructure and its security.
As an IT Support Technician some of your daily duties will include:
- Providing first and second line technical support.
- Installing and configuring new hardware and software and other routine maintenance tasks
- Managing the clients' computer systems and providing general infrastructure support
- Manage and support existing network infrastructure and systems.
- Troubleshoot and support client requirements remotely and onsite
- Work on improving and maintaining existing systems, networks, hardware and software.
The successful candidate will be prepared to take part in a service rota which delivers support beyond office hours and will hold the required skills and experience to thrive within this role:
- Proven experience in an IT 1st first line support role with at least 6 months consecutive experience.
- Have advanced knowledge of a broad range of IT hardware and software used within a multi-site WAN/LAN business network environment.
- Good communication skills both verbal and written.
- Experienced of methodical fault finding and resolution for a varied range of hardware and software, with practical ability in disassembly and re-assembly of component systems
- Excellent knowledge and experience of working with previous and current versions of Microsoft Office, Microsoft Desktop and Microsoft Server operating & email systems with AD integration, including building, configuration and fault resolution
Due to the travel requirements of this position, a full clean driving licence and passport is required. A DBS Security check may be required for attendance at a number of client's sites. You must be eligible to work in the UK.
Desirable Skills (at least 5 of the below required)
- Network Infrastructure Management
- Server and Storage (SAN) Management
- Experience in Data Centre environments
- Veeam Backup & Replication or Acronis Backup
- Scripting and Automation
- Virtualisation (Hyper-V)
- Microsoft Windows Server (Advanced)
- Network and System Security
- Server and Service Monitoring Software
- Extensive Troubleshooting Techniques
- Firewall Management
- O365 Experience
- Window 7/10
- Server 2008 to current
- Exchange 2007 to current
- SQL 2008 to current
How to apply
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please apply here. You will then be redirected to our client's site to apply directly.
This advert is being managed by Partners of Research Ltd. trading as Hiring People. Your details will be passed onto our client. In some cases, where our client is acting on behalf of another employer, your details will also be passed onto them. We expect our clients to hold your data in a responsible fashion, but ultimately have no control. Partners of Research Ltd and/or our client may contact you confirming receipt of your application. Your data will be located on servers both within and outside the EU.