- Contract Type
Cockwells are offering a really exciting opportunity for an experienced Project Manager to join their team to plan, monitor and manage Cockwells projects to ensure that they are met within the allocated timeframes and budgets.
After initial induction and familiarisation with the company, the successful Project Manager will report to the Production Manager in the busy growing organisation.
As well as a genuine interest in marine, the successful applicant will have a proven track record of successful project delivery. An applicant with manufacturing experience would stand out from the crowd.
The successful applicant will be competent using Project Management software in order to plan, monitor and review project tasks and key milestones. Working closely with the technical teams, the Project Manager will be able to set daily deadlines and confirm key milestones, making live adjustments to Project Plans as required.
Producing management information for the Production Manager and Managing Director will also form part of the role.
Typical duties and responsibilities:
- Use project management software to produce project plans for each live project.
- Assign tasks and duties to the relevant skilled teams.
- Monitor daily progress, identify any variations, update the plan as necessary and communicate this effectively.
- Maintain positive working relationship with all teams.
- Provide relevant and timely management information to the Production Manager and Managing Director.
Personal skills and qualifications:
- Relevant Degree level qualification
- Proven track record of successful project delivery
- Proficient in the use of Project Management software e.g. MS Project, M1, Asana, Proworkflo,
- Flexibility and ability to work in a fast paced team environment with continually changing priorities
- Creative person with ability to problem solve
- Ability to communicate clearly and professional
- Good communication of ideas (Sketch/presentation techniques)
- Have a marine knowledge / interest
- Good time management
- Experience of project managing within a manufacturing environment
- Technical skills in marine e.g. CAD and design
Cockwells is a traditional boatbuilder in a modern world, boasting an excellent reputation for fine craftsmanship in building custom yachts, motor launches and superyacht tenders.
Cockwells also have an impressive array of awards including winner of the 2018 Motor-Boat Award and International Industry Award for Superior Yacht Tender to name only two.
Established in Bristol in 1996, Cockwells relocated to Falmouth in 2002. In 2010 Cockwells acquired Mylor Creek Boatyard which has become its main office and workshop.
Mylor Creek Boatyard offers a wide range of facilities including space ashore for over 100 vessels, lifting and launching facilities, beach berthing, a spacious slipway, a 75 tonne slipway winch and cradle, an 80ft mobile dry dock, and swinging moorings. The boatyard is currently undergoing major expansion which will see its continued growth and success.
To find out more about Cockwells, visit their website.
Other Application Details
Please apply on-line via Unlocking Potential Jobs by attaching your CV and a cover letter outlining why you are suitable for the role.
Applications must be submitted through the Unlocking Potential Jobs website