Job Title: Associate
Direct Manager: Director of the Investment team
Closing date: 16 August 2018
Bridgepoint is a leading international private equity firm with over €28.2bn of committed funds to date, focused on acquiring market-leading businesses where significant value can be created. As a group, Bridgepoint has a clear and long-term investment focus in middle-market companies and typically looks at acquiring businesses that are valued up to €1 billion.
Reporting to a Director in the Investment team, the Associate be responsible for taking ownership of deal sourcing initiatives – mapping relevant communities of companies, screening and analysing investment opportunities.
- Building, iterating and auditing financial models;
- Developing and presenting relevant sections of investment papers to Bridgepoint’s investment committee;
- Managing a broad array of stakeholders (e.g. corporate finance advisers, diligence providers, etc.) across process milestones; and
- Working closely with investee company management teams in the development and implementation of the value enhancement plan.
Strong Information Management and Analytical Skills/ Experience
- Proven track record of analysing large data sets and ability to highlight and present key trends and information
- Good understanding of balance sheet and capital structures
- Analytical mind-set
- Strong verbal and written skills which are adapted for relevant audiences
- Ensures clear, concise, and appropriate communication with investors and colleagues
- Ability to develop and build relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrates ability to effectively influence and negotiate with others
- Encourages open communication
- Operates in an organised and structured manner with an appropriate focus on detail
- Conducts all activities with appropriate focus on detail
Meets (or beats) required timeframes and delivers what is promised
- Remains flexible and demonstrates ability to prioritise work
- Remains composed under pressure
- Ability to look at information and situations in a fresh light
- Exhibits high energy and drive
- Ability to self-manage and work within a regular reporting and analytical cycle
Shares Company Values
We settle for nothing less than superior performance achieved by entrepreneurship, initiative, intelligent judgement and teamwork.
We always seek to make a difference – for investors, companies or in our duty as a responsible investor within our broader community.
We are straightforward, open professional who act without arrogance and embrace the views of others without prejudice
- Extensive experience with a reputable investment bank (in the mergers & acquisitions or leveraged finance departments), strategy consulting firm or ‘Big 4’
- A credible and engaging presentational style, coupled with the confidence (tempered by self-awareness) to be effective in relationship building with vendors / management teams and advisers.
- Strong academic background
- Motivate self-starter
- Excellent attention to details and excellent organisational skills
- Good written and verbal communications skills
- A high level of numeracy and technical proficiency, combined with the commercial awareness to put the numbers into their strategic context
- Very strong IT skills, including excel, powerpoint and database tools; willingness to help with the development of Bridgepoint’s management information systems if required
- Strong financial skills with a good understanding of Fund Performance data and measurement; portfolio company financials (P&L, balance sheet and Cashflow data) as well as a good understanding of company valuations
- Personable with strong ability to effectively influence, build relationships, and negotiate with others
- A demonstrable interest in investing as opposed to advising
If you’re interested in applying, please send your CV to the HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org