We are seeking a Custodian/Driver to join our flourishing independent boarding school.
Responsibilities include security, minor maintenance repairs & porterage, which will involve some heavy lifting. The post holder will also provide regular minibus transport to & from school.
- Holder of a Category B license (car license) or a D1 category license, to drive a minibus
- Has a flexible attitude to work
- Dependable, honest and self-motivated
- Carrying out minor maintenance and repairs
- Assisting the domestic team and tidying
- Checking and securing the school premises
- Portaging items to buildings and departments
- Providing regular minibus transport to and from school
- 3 day Christmas “shutdown”
- Staff discount on school fees
- Private healthcare insurance
- Free use of school gym facilities
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking
- Pension scheme
About King’s Ely
King’s Ely is a thriving independent school with around 1000 pupils aged 1–18 years old, of which approximately 200 over the age of 8 are boarders. We aim to instil a passion for learning in our students, and encourage them to push beyond the boundaries of their expectations.
King’s Ely is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.