Science Technician (Biology)
We wish to appoint an enthusiastic Science Technician to join our fast-paced team at our independent boarding school. Supporting the Biology department, you will be expected to safely prepare and maintain materials for science demonstrations.
- Proven ability to empathise and relate to young people
- A people-person with excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently and manage time efficiently
- Previous experience working in a school – desirable
- Degree educated in a science related subject – desirable
Science Technician Duties
- Preparing materials and equipment safely for demonstrations
- Checking and cleaning equipment appropriately
- Liaising with teaching staff when challenges arise
- Repairing and replacing damaged equipment
- School lunch provided when at work over lunch time and free refreshments daily
- 3 day Christmas “shutdown”
- Staff discount on school fees
- Private healthcare insurance
- Free use of school gym facilities
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking
- Pension scheme
About King’s Ely School
King’s Ely is a thriving independent school with around 1000 pupils aged 1–18 years old, of which approximately 200 over the age of 8 are boarders. We aim to instil a passion for learning in our students, and encourage them to push beyond the boundaries of their expectations.
Interviews are to be held on Friday 10th August.
Start date: September 2018
King’s Ely is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.