Strategy & Planning Executive / Marketing Strategy Assistant
Job Title: Strategy & Planning Executive
Salary: Competitive + benefits
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 37 hours per week; 9:00am-5:30pm, Monday-Friday
The Company's Strategy & Planning team is responsible for bringing creative, strategic ideas and plans to their most complex and highest value clients and sales prospects. In practice, their remit covers media planning, assisting with and formulating long-term strategy for client accounts, new business support, technology leadership and management of supplier relationships.
This is a wide-ranging role with the potential for great growth and personal development. It is also a new role, and as such the Company will offer the successful candidate a bespoke training schedule consisting of an introduction to all relevant media channels, an overview of commonly used data and technology platforms and context around the industry and wider media ecosystem.
What you'll be doing?
They're looking for a recent graduate to join the team to assist with all aspects of the Strategy & Planning team's scope, with a particular focus on:
- Competitor reporting, insight and research
- Ensuring best practice is adhered to across all existing client accounts
- Assisting with media planning for top clients, and applying a critical eye to existing plans
- Responsible for attending and contributing to client planning sessions
- Responsible for researching and writing competitor reports for top clients
- Responsible for reviewing and putting forward new ideas for:
- Long-term client planning: yearly and quarterly plans
- Cross-channel client media plans
- Client campaign briefs
- Responsible for contributing to regular client 're-pitches', where they re-appraise performance and plans in the light of new challenges
- Responsible for ensuring uptake of new strategies and beta products
Required Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
This is a graduate position, and as such they don't expect the ideal candidate to have much relevant industry experience. Instead, they're looking for someone who displays the right attributes: an open, strategic thinker with a critical, rigorous approach to research and data analysis.
- Degree level education with a 2:1 award or above in a related subject
- A mathematical and analytical mind.
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data.
- Highly organised multi-tasker with impeccable attention to detail.
- Excellent communication, organisation, and presentation skills.
- Strong interest in / passion for digital marketing.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills which must include Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Proven track record of working to and meeting deadlines.
- Proven time management skills and ability to manage tasks simultaneously.
- Experience of working in teams to meet a common goal.
On completion of the three month probation period every employee is eligible for the following benefits:
- 25 days holiday a year
- Annual performance bonus
- Sale commission
- Recruitment referrals bonus
- Gym membership contributions
- Ride to Work scheme
- Free fruit, breakfast cereals and tea & coffee
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Share options following six months of employment
- Pension scheme
- Enhanced maternity / paternity
Standard hours are from 9 to 5, there's flexibility if agreed in advance with your line managers (it may also be necessary on occasions to work outside of these hours).
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV & Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Marketing Campaign Executive, Marketing Executive, Digital Marketing Executive, Marketing Campaign officer , B2B Marketing, Marketing Strategy Executive, PR Executive, Marketing Engagement Officer, Marketing Retention Executive, Communications Executive, Marketing Communications Executive, Marketing Assistant, Digital Marketing Executive, Marketing Strategy Assistant may also be considered for this role.