Stock Controller - Nights
Stock Controller – Nights
East Grinstead, West Sussex
£19,600 - £21,956 DOE + 5% Shift Allowance
Are you a logistics or warehousing professional with goods-in / stock control experience? Looking for a fresh challenge where you can push yourself and your skills and make a big impact? If so, our Stock Controller role is what you’ve been waiting for.
We’re ILG (International Logistics Group). We’re an independent fulfilment, warehousing and logistics provider with over 25 years’ experience and market-leading status.
Due to our growth, diversification and expansion of the scope of our operations, we are now seeking a Stock Controller to join our nights operation in East Grinstead.
- Salary of £19,600 - £21,956 DOE + 5% Shift Allowance
- Retention Bonus (£600)
- Fork lift allowance (£400)
- Healthcare scheme
- Social event and parties
Ours is an ambitious, growing company and, when you join us, you will really have the chance to make your mark.
We’ve got a real team ethos and a cohesive environment where our teams are always finding ways to offer more to customers and help make an even bigger success of our business. You’ll be provided with plenty of opportunities to progress and advance your career and encouraged to take part and do more.
So, if you are looking to progress your logistics career, are ambitious and driven and are focused on providing great customer experiences, this is the role and ILG is the company you’ve been waiting to join.
Your role will involve:
- Manage and co-ordinate stock take and cycle counting activities to ensure the required level of service is provided to the customer
- Maintain and improve performance levels to maximise accuracy of stock figures in line with site KPIs
- Responsible for communication of issues/information to line manager e.g. stock count variances, count accuracy or general warehouse queries
- Work in close liaison with Customer Services, Warehouse Team Leaders and externally with customers to facilitate for stock control procedures
- Manage and co-ordinate operational activities to ensure the required level of service is provided to the customer
- Responsible for communication of issues/information to line manager e.g. transport, delivery schedules, warehouse accuracy or general warehouse queries
- Potential risks, problems or product defects to be reported immediately to Line Manager
- To carry out all activities in a manner that promotes safety to yourself and your colleagues
- Ensure all business and individual key performance indicators are met
- Contribute actively to achieving departmental service level and targets
- Assist with ad-hoc duties goods-in and returns duties as required e.g. booking stock-in, putting stock-away, stock replenishment etc
To be considered as our Stock Controller, you will need:
- Previous experience of stock control
- Methodical and able to demonstrate the ability to prioritise workload and tasks
- Possess an understanding of 3ex.net warehouse management system and MS office packages (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Ability to react within a complex and growing operational environment
- Able to develop and roll out processes and systems to improve efficiency of department
- Forward thinking with the ability to “think on your feet”
Other organisations may call this: Stock Control Assistant, Goods In / Stock Assistant, Stock Control Officer, Stock Control Assistant or Stock Coordinator.
To apply for the role of Stock Controller (Nights), please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.