Electrical Maintenance Engineer
Electrical Maintenance Engineer - Birmingham
This is a genuine and exciting opportunity for an experienced maintenance technician to join a team of multi skilled engineers, responsible for carrying out effective planned, preventative, and reactive maintenance work, in order to achieve plant reliability, performance, product quality, and safety targets within a fast paced printing environment.
Reach Printing Services is the manufacturing division of Reach PLC (Formerly known as Trinity Mirror PLC, the UK's largest Newspaper Publisher, having eight press sites located throughout the UK.
All of our print sites based across the country have been invested in and Reach Printing continues to go from strength to strength. Like everything else we set our minds to, our printing services offer the consistently high standards that our readers and advertisers expect.
- To assess all maintenance, servicing & repair tasks arising to determine relevant repair & servicing actions, verifying requirements from department & maintenance records & reports as required.
- Look for ways to improve production working, to help promote continuous improvement.
- Work to quality standards in the handling of materials and in all aspects of Production operation.
- Maintenance and basic operation of all equipment, maintaining standards required. To carry out routine and breakdown maintenance to a time and quality standard as defined by the manufacturers
- Operate Windows-based programmes to set, monitor and regulate functions on all associated equipment. Use data to analyze reliability of equipment, and as a guide to fault diagnosis & provision of information where required.
- Be able to recognize and describe equipment functions and detect through signs and symptoms possible defects. Look for causes in addition to faults and be able to describe these to other team members, in basic technical terms.
- Ensure effective operation and control of spare parts systems.
- Work with the Maintenance Process Controller and Engineers to accept, execute and record maintenance activities. Input into reviews and judgements regarding maintenance tasks and their frequency.
- Liaise with external contractors to ensure that tasks are completed safely and to standard.
The Ideal Candidate
- You will be an apprentice trained Electrician with good mechanical skills.
- NVQ 3, City & Guilds, ONC/HNC Qualifications.
- 17th Edition Qualified.
Knowledge of the skills below would be advantageous:
- PLC experience, Siemens S7, Honeywell and Mitsubishi.
- Knowledge of Indramat, lenze and ABB drives.
- Computer literate in CMMS, word and excel.
- Knowledge of hydraulics and pneumatics.
Working a 24/7 rotating shift pattern, the successful candidate needs to be a strong team player and have the skills to work effectively on their own initiative.
In addition to competitive salaries, bonus structures (if applicable) and a contributory pension scheme, Reach plc offer a whole host of voluntary flexible benefits. These include a car scheme, holiday purchase, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, staff discounts, season tickets & parking loans and an employee assistance programme.