Government Administrative Officer
Our Croydon based prestigious government client is presently recruiting for administrative officers. The role are based within their asylum operations department intentionally they are 3 months temporary assignments paying £8 and increasing to £12 after 12 working weeks. The job offer is subject to a successful CTC clearance.
- Ensuring that files are requested into and sent out of the unit appropriately in accordance with current guidance.
- Ensuring that post is distributed accurately within 2 days of receipt, by means of dip sampling, maintaining local spreadsheets etc.
- Ensuring that incoming faxes are intercepted frequently and allocated on a daily basis.
- Ensuring that all appeal bundles are completed and served to relevant parties within 6 days of receipt of the appeal notification.
- Responding to Data Protection Unit requests and complaints in a timely manner.
- Providing appropriate cover for the asylum team's incoming telephone calls.
- Carrying out other duties in line with role as instructed by the HEO Admin/Workflow Manager in order to support the business.
- Working collaboratively with the EO Admin/Workflow Manager and the EO caseworkers.
- Establishing and maintain good working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Use daily routing to send interview letters to applicant and their legal representatives and update CID in a timely manner.
- Identify priority correspondence and action accordingly.
- Process remaining correspondence and take the necessary action.
- Update CID with details of the correspondence received and action taken.
- Update CID with any change of circumstance received in correspondence such as change in representative/change of address/age assessment.
- Ensure that the correspondence is linked with the file/passed to the relevant case owner.
- To carry out Pre Interview Checks.