Our client, IT solutions provider has an opportunity for an iSeries Support person.
You will provide support to the Iseries applications support team across a number of customer accounts.
As Core IT Support person, you’ll be responsible for supporting the application support team in maintaining the various ISeries IT systems and applications on behalf of a range of customers. This role will be the interface between customers and the application support team ensuring that key SLA’s are maintained. Working with the application support team to deliver.
On a day to day basis, you will be responsible, for logging, triaging and resolving a mixture of hardware and software problems. Assisting users with basic IT needs and sharing knowledge to help others.
There is a long-term opportunity with this role to be trained as an application developer and to work with the development team in the support, maintenance and on-going development of the applications.
- Logging and prioritising helpdesk calls
- Ensuring the calls are triaged and resolved within the KPI
- Work with the application support team to resolve and feedback resolutions to customers
- Set up and maintain the Knowledge base following resolution of incidents.
- Working with Application Support team ensuring that the correct support is in place following the implementation of emergency/new releases
- Develop and implement basic reports on behalf of customers
- Work with the Iseries Technical Team on any key software changes that may impact the smooth running of the application support team.
- Provide commentary to support key KPI stats with the Service Delivery Managers
- Managing relationships with customers in conjunction with the Service Delivery Managers
Knowledge, Experience & Skills
• Good organisational Skills
• Good time management
• Strong communications skills
• Able to work under pressure and prioritise work
• Good written and verbal communications
• General knowledge of business practices
• A working knowledge of IT operating systems, particularly Windows, Exchange and Iseries
• Logical problem solving abilities
• An ability to understand internal systems and adhere to processes
• Knowledge of query writing tool
About the company
Based in Handforth, near Manchester. An established IT solutions provider who offer a wide range of IT related services. Technology partnerships include: SAP Gold Business Partner, Microsoft Gold Partner, VMware Enterprise Partner, Veeam Enterprise Partner, IBM Premier Business Partner and Citrix Silver Partner. Excellent prospects for the right candidate within a successful, very well established company.
Please note that due to the volume of interest we experience for our vacancies, we are unable to respond to every applicant. Therefore if you do not hear back from us within six weeks of submitting your CV, please take it that unfortunately you have not been successful on this occasion.'
How to apply
Please apply using the link provided and our client will be in direct contact.
This advert is being managed by Partners of Research Ltd. trading as Hiring People. Your details will be passed onto our client. In some cases, where our client is acting on behalf of another employer, your details will also be passed onto them. We expect our clients to hold your data in a responsible fashion, but ultimately have no control. Partners of Research Ltd and/or our client may contact you confirming receipt of your application. Your data will be located on servers both within and outside the EU.