Infrastructure Manager / 3rd Line Infrastructure
Job Title: Infrastructure Manager
Salary: Depending on experience
Location: Basildon, Essex
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
A really exciting opportunity for an Infrastructure Manager working for a medium sized business services group with operations covering telecommunications, technology and energy. Heavily reliant on state of the art technological systems to operate a lean back office, IT is at the very core of the business and is critical to the continued growth of the company. The business operates in an agile manner with key decisions typically taking minutes or hours rather than weeks and months. IT operations covering 3 sites with high availability and DR critical to its success.
The Infrastructure Manager is required to support the business users and systems as well as the company's customers and their systems. The role's primary focus is on Microsoft Windows, VMware vSphere 6 and Citrix along with Cisco network support.
Of paramount importance is the ability to take responsibility for issue resolution and ensuring tasks are assigned and completed. This is a role that will include substantial hands-on work together with management of the team and strategic direction of internal IT support, upgrade and development.
- Leading the Infrastructure team, by example and developing their skills.
- Maintenance and management of VMware vSphere environments.
- Server application maintenance, installation and support.
- Citrix XenApp support, upgrade and management.
- 3rd line fault resolution for issues affecting client experience and system performance.
- SAN administration, troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Active directory administration including group policy creation and maintenance.
- Switch and Firewall administration, troubleshooting and maintenance
- Monitoring systems administration, troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Network link administration, troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Technical lead on infrastructure projects.
- Managing security.
- Application patching and upgrade.
- Occasional UK travel to other sites.
- Significant and demonstrable experience supporting Windows Server and Desktop Platforms.
- Good understanding of Cisco Switches and Firewalls
- Solid experience of installing and supporting VMware virtualisation & Infrastructure Solutions.
- Experience of installing and upgrading Citrix environments
- MS Windows 7, 8 & 10, Server 2003, 2008 & 2012
- Good experience installing and supporting Citrix XenApp
- Cisco Switches and Firewalls
- Network performance monitoring
- iSCSI SAN/NAS Storage
- Veeam Backup and Replication
- Active Directory (AD) - Group Policy Management
- SQL experience
- Strong customer focus.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong and engaging presentation skills with the ability to articulate the technical aspects of the service both succinctly and clearly.
- A strong leader.
- A can do and can do it now attitude
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of: Infrastructure Manager, Engineer, 3rd Line Infrastructure Manager, 3rd Line Infrastructure technician, 3rd Line Support Engineer, 3rd Line Support, ICT Systems Engineer, IT Technician, 3rd Line Support, 3rd Line Engineer, 3rd Line Engineer, 3rd Line Support Technician, Technical Support, Technical Infrastructure Engineer, IT Support, IT Systems Engineer, IT Systems Technician, ICT Technician, IT Systems Support may also be considered for this role.