Food Production Operative / Food Manufacturing Assistant
Job Title: Food Production Operative
Salary: Starting rate £8 p/h
Type: Permanent, Full time
This is an exciting and rare opportunity to join an award winning family run dairy based in Holmfirth, West Yorkshire. The Firm currently manufactures branded chilled products for retail, wholesale and foodservice customers both in the UK and overseas.
The Firm are now looking to recruit several production team members for their dairy operation. All candidates will commence their career within the dairy initially, however there is genuine scope and opportunity for ambitious and talented individuals with the right attitude and approach to work to progress their career.
The Firm has a robust training scheme in place to ensure that team members are able to develop their skills and advance their career opportunities. In return for the opportunities and benefits on offer they expect the highest standards of commitment and professionalism from all team members. The dairy is a busy, active environment and all roles will require a very good level of general fitness, energy and stamina.
All candidates must possess excellent interpersonal skills and must be currently eligible to work in the United Kingdom.
The role involves:
- All team members are expected to demonstrate a reasonable degree of flexibility, with different departments within the dairy starting work at different times although all roles are predominantly Monday to Friday, circa 6/6 until production finishes.
- Learning and maintaining a good knowledge of products and processes involved in food manufacturing.
- Routine day to day tasks involved in the manufacturing of their quality dairy products.
- Recording accurate production figures and data.
- Excellent attention to detail and taking care and pride in the quality of your work through food hygiene and health and safety practices.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Conscientious, positive thinking
- A good standard of literacy and numeracy
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- effective and collaborative communication skills
- An understanding of, and an excellent attitude towards the fundamentals of hygiene and food safety
- A desire to ensure that individual as well as departmental objectives are achieved, ideally exceeded
- Experience of working in a fast paced environment
- Pride in themselves, their work and the Company's products
- Competitive rates of pay, including some paid breaks
- Contributory pension scheme
- 33 days holiday per year
To apply for this role please click the APPLY button and attach your CV and Cover Letter.
Candidates with Experience and previous titles of; Manufacturing Operator, Process Operative, Processing Assistant, Processing Coordinator, Line Operative, Manufacturing Process Operative, Production Operative, Dairy Worker, Dairy Produce Operative may also be considered for this role.