Product Development Assistant
DO YOU HAVE FOOD MANUFACTURING KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE IN PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT?
Your duties will include:
Support the product development process in the development of new and existing products in line with internal and customer briefs, ensuring they both technically and commercially viable.
- Take kitchen recipes into the factory for trailing of products, ensuring that documentation is completed. Ensure all samples are made and packed in line with product quality attributes.
- Manage the kitchen, taste panel and storage areas for the department. The ensure the stock levels and rotation of products and raw materials are maintained, and that the hygiene is kept to a high standard.
- Assess shelf life, organoleptic and cooking instructions for products over life.
- Awareness of the key criteria in the concept to launch process by assisting the Development Team. Ensure samples are made, packed, labelled and delivered professionally. To be competent in completing all of the relevant documentation for all customers to an accurate standard, by cross referencing information within the business.
- Develop new and existing products in line with internal and customer briefs within certain set criteria e. nutritional targets/ cost targets, ensuring clear records are kept and maintained.
- Support in planning of Factory Trials as required and to liaise in the scheduling of these trials with the appropriate personnel, creating and managing accurate records for all Factory Trials
- Work with Development Team to ensure accurate records are kept and created in line with BRC standard.
- Ensure that all products made by the Development Team are panelled prior to despatch and are of the required quality.
- Attendance of presentations and assist where necessary when suppliers visit the site.
- Collect products, raw materials, and packaging from the factory for use in the product development kitchen.
- Conduct store visits when required to purchase products, supplies for visits and miscellaneous supplies.
- Set up and assist with on-site customer visits e. product sampling, catering, kitchen and panel room.
If you have the right skills and experience then please apply today!