Sample Receivals Technician / Laboratory Assistant
Job Title: Sample Receivals Technician
Location: Sittingbourne, Kent
Salary: Competitive dependant on experience
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The Company is a multi-award winning UK manufacturer, including three prestigious Queen's Awards for Enterprise in Innovation and numerous industry accolades and one of the fastest growing brands in the central heating industry. Their success is built on innovation and quality products; they are currently working towards a future where every heating and cooling system is protected from corrosion; saving money, energy and time across the globe.
Their Laboratory currently offers the industry's best water testing service, delivering a same day turnaround for testing domestic heating water, all with the backing of UKAS accreditation to ISO 17025. The lab also carries out significant project development work on a range of products including their market leading chemicals. In 2017/18, the lab is significantly expanding its offering by extending water testing to the commercial heating sector.
Purpose of the Role:
A Sample Receivals Technician is sought to start as soon as possible at the Company's Research Centre. Under the direction of the Laboratory Manager the post holder will be expected to assist in the operation of the Water Testing Service.
- Working with other staff in collecting, unpacking and sorting lab samples from early morning.
- Logging and checking sample information quickly and efficiently.
- Arranging delivery of samples for extra testing to a sub-contractor.
- Delivering samples to on-site labs for testing.
- Fulfilling customer requirements for arranging appropriate testing of received samples and working closely with the Client Liaison team in ensuring this.
- Working may be subject to change but will initially be the hours of 2 am - 10 am (1hr lunch) Tuesday to Saturday with Sundays as required.
- Working hours could change depending on business requirements.
- Initial training will be provided.
The work involves some technical tasks which require a high attention to detail as ensuring information is recorded accurately is crucial. The role involves early starts and weekend work so the successful candidate must be flexible, keen and comfortable with working alone under own initiative with a high degree of autonomy & maturity, and within a team. Good communication skills both verbal and written are essential as some of the role is customer facing.
You will need the following skills and knowledge:
- Ideally some experience in a lab environment logging sample data and managing samples.
- High degree of computer literacy including the use of programmes such as Excel, Word with good spread sheet and database expertise and fast/touch typing.
- High attention to detail and excellent data entry skills with minimal mistakes.
- Friendly and personable with excellent communication skills to give professional customer service.
- Good technical understanding and practicality. Preferably some experience in a science related field.
- Confident, competent and can be trusted to work quickly and efficiently in a team and alone.
- Good level of independence, tidiness, organisation and problem-solving skills.
- Able to organise and prioritise workload with flexibility to respond positively to changing demands.
- Able to adopt a methodical approach to work with accuracy and a high level of attention to detail.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV for this role.
Please note: This vacancy may close early if it receives a particularly high volume of applications. If you are interested in this fantastic opportunity, do not delay.
Due to the large volume of applications, it is not always possible to reply personally with a detailed response on every occasion. Therefore, if you have not heard anything within 14 days of submitting your application, please assume that it has not been successful at this time.
No terminology within this advert is intended to unlawfully discriminate on the grounds of age, sex, race or disability and the Company welcomes all applications.
No agencies please.
Candidates with experience of: Sample Receivals, Sample Coordination Technician, Lab Assistant, Laboratory Assistant, Scientific Assistant, Science Assistant, Lab Administrator, Administrative Support, Laboratory Support, Lab Support will also be considered for this role