Laboratory Technician / Science Technician / Lab Tech
- Full Time
Job Title: Laboratory Technician
Location: Sittingbourne, Kent
Salary: Competitive dependant on experience
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The Company is a multi-award winning UK manufacturer, including three prestigious Queen's Awards for Enterprise in Innovation and numerous industry accolades and one of the fastest growing brands in the central heating industry. Their success is built on innovation and quality products; they are currently working towards a future where every heating and cooling system is protected from corrosion; saving money, energy and time across the globe.
Their Laboratory currently offers the industry's best water testing service, delivering a same day turnaround for testing domestic heating water, all with the backing of UKAS accreditation to ISO 17025. The lab also carries out significant project development work on a range of products including their market leading chemicals. In 2017/18, the lab is significantly expanding its offering by extending water testing to the commercial heating sector.
Purpose of the Role:
A Laboratory Technician is sought to start as soon as possible at the Company's Research Centre. Under the direction of the Chemistry Team Leader the post holder will be expected to assist in the operation of the Research Centre with particular focus on the Commercial and Domestic Water Testing Services
- Inclusion in the lab rota for collection of samples from the Sittingbourne Post Office.
- Unpacking and sorting of daily samples for analysis.
- Calibrating and maintaining laboratory instrumentation.
- Carrying out test procedures on samples using ICP-OES, Gallery Plus, filtration and others.
- Entering daily QC data.
- Keeping up with laboratory check sheet tasks including weekly and monthly checks.
- Production testing and release, including corrosion testing.
- Preparation and checking of standards and QCs.
- Disposal of old samples.
- Logging, processing and reporting daily lab samples for customers.
- Upkeep of personal training records.
- Commitment to continuous improvement through adherence to ISO 17025 quality systems.
- Working during typical working hours of 8 am - 5 pm Monday to Friday, with occasional out of ours and weekends when required.
- Work well within a team to achieve regular laboratory goals.
- Excellent communication in and between teams.
- Have a methodical approach with accuracy, high attention to detail and minimal errors.
- Maintain high computer literacy including MS Excel, Word and databases.
- Organise and prioritise workload with flexibility to respond positively to changing demands.
- Keeping neat and tidy working areas and practices.
The work involves a wide variety of advanced level scientific and technical tasks. The successful candidate must be flexible, keen and comfortable with working alone under own initiative with a high degree of autonomy & maturity, and within a team. Good communication skills both verbal and written are essential.
You will need the following skills and knowledge:
- A degree or equivalent in Chemistry and preferably with understanding of analytical techniques.
- Experience of working within a laboratory environment with competent laboratory bench skills.
- Able to adopt a methodical approach to work with accuracy and a high level of attention to detail.
- Able to organise and prioritise workload with flexibility to respond positively to changing demands.
- High degree of computer literacy including the use of programmes such as Excel and Word.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV for this role.
Please note: This vacancy may close early if it receives a particularly high volume of applications. If you are interested in this fantastic opportunity, do not delay.
Due to the large volume of applications, it is not always possible to reply personally with a detailed response on every occasion. Therefore, if you have not heard anything within 14 days of submitting your application, please assume that it has not been successful at this time.
No terminology within this advert is intended to unlawfully discriminate on the grounds of age, sex, race or disability and the Company welcomes all applications.
No agencies please.
Candidates with experience of: Lab Technician, Laboratory Technician, Lab Assistant, Senior Laboratory Assistant, Laboratory Engineer, Laboratory Assistant, Lab Technician, Laboratory Tech, Lab Tech, Science Graduate, Chemistry Graduate, Graduate Lab Tech, Science Technician, Scientific Assistant will also be considered for this role.