Mechanical Engineering Instructor / Experienced Mechanical Engineer
Job Title: Mechanical Engineering Instructor
Salary: £30,000 + benefits
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The Company is a rapidly expanding Group Training Association (GTA) with training centres in Hull, Stallingborough and Scunthorpe. They provide engineering apprentices and adult skills training for hundreds of companies in Yorkshire and Humberside.
They recruit industry specialists who want to make the career change to delivering training and skills. Is this you?
There's now a fantastic opportunity for a multi-skilled mechanical engineer with a high level of industry experience who would like to move into training and pass on their knowledge and experience.
The successful candidate will work with their existing instructor team delivering high quality apprenticeship training in skills such as mechanical maintenance, bench fitting and machining for their client companies and also deliver on the Company's range of commercial courses such as:
- Basic Mechanical maintenance
- High energy safe isolation
- Mechanical joint integrity
- Slinging and lifting
- Skills competency assessments
- Various health and safety courses
You will bring your industry experience and a desire to be part of developing the next generation of skilled technicians.
The successful Candidate will have:
- Good craft/technical skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Basic computer skills
- More than five years industrial experience
- Relevant qualifications to at least City and Guilds Craft certificate
- HNC or above would be advantageous
- Teaching qualifications are desirable but not essential as full support will be given in the development of necessary skills
- Full driving licence and use of own vehicle (essential)
In return the Company offers:
- A competitive salary for the skills sector
- Company pension scheme
- Private health care
- Performance related pay
- 30 days leave per year
Note: The Company is committed to safeguarding their learners and successful applicants will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check, and to register on a suitable instructor/teacher training programme.
Please click on the APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS to complete the attached application form
Candidates with experience of: Mechanical Lecturer, Mechanical Tutor, Tutor, Teacher, Senior Mechanic, Mechanical Teacher, Multi-skilled Engineer, Mechanical Fitter, Technical Engineer, Maintenance Fitter, Maintenance Engineer, Installation Engineer, Repairs Engineer, Mechanical Technician and Fault Repair Engineer may also be considered for this role.