Client Services Assistant / Finance Assistant
Job Title: Client Services Assistant
Job Type: Full Time, 5 MONTHS FIXED TERM CONTRACT
Purpose of the role:
- To ensure the security and profitability of Bibby through efficient and effective verification of a portfolio of clients
- To establish and maintain a professional and efficient relationship with their allocated portfolio of clients
- To provide excellent standards of customer service
- To ensure that security is maintained at all times within the systems operated by the company
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Ensures security & profitability of a portfolio of Clients through efficient and effective verification
- Provide high level of credit control support for portfolio of clients when required according to agreed service level
- Provides a high level of service whilst maintaining security
- Proactively seeks to understand their clients to allow them to spot both warning signs and opportunities
- Any other duties or projects commensurate with the level of responsibility of this role, for which the role holder has the necessary experience and/or training
- Communication skills: Maintain high level professional conduct with internal and external customers via face to face, the phone, email and in written communication
- Relationship building - establishes rapport: Establish and maintains a professional + 'expert' relationship with clients through efficient credit control. Understands and is interested in client's business
- Provide excellent customer service: Manage credit control of client portfolio within agreed service levels, whilst providing a high level of customer service + protecting Bibby's security
- Listen and interpret information: Good listening skills, understands how and when to action information, to the appropriate person
- Understand needs: See things from clients point of view; identifies clients needs and has a sympathetic approach whilst protecting Bibby's security
- Attention to detail
- Decision-making: Set credit limits within guidelines, make recommendations/ propose decisions, back up decisions to line manager.
- Develop solutions, problem solve and agree things with people: Monitor collection performance. Recommends appropriate solutions
- Ability to say 'no'
- Take initiative: Use appropriate chasing techniques. Seeks to recommend alternative collection techniques. Takes responsibility for actions, Manages time and prioritizes work and plans ahead
- Use, develop and sell Company's products and processes
- Manage risk: Knowledge of clients business. Awareness of money laundering + data protection legislation. Monitors risk and possible fraud
- Numerate: Demonstrates an ability to work with numbers
- Financial understanding: General understanding of financial management/ audited accounts, manages risk
- IT skills: Intermediate PC knowledge. Good keyboard skills and competent user of Microsoft Office
Requirements of the role:
- Experience - Credit Control experience, office environment, customer service experience
- Skills - Good communication, excellent customer service, attention to detail, IT.
- Qualifications - N/A
The Company is the UK's largest independent invoice finance specialist and a trusted provider of funding solutions to over 7,000 businesses. Through their network of 19 local offices, they handle annual client turnover of £5 billion since 2010, they have advanced more than £26bn to small and medium sized businesses throughout the country.
Formed in 1982, they are a member of the Asset Based Finance Association (ABFA) and support businesses in over 300 industry sectors. Globally, the company has operations in 44 locations, in 14 countries across Europe, the Americas and Asia, supporting more than 9,500 business customers worldwide.
In 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018 the company was awarded a place in The Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For, ranking 48th in the most recent poll. They are supported by their parent company, a 208-year old business-to-business services group involved in logistics, shipping and ship management, floating accommodation, hydrographic survey and geophysical services, offshore project management, retail and construction equipment hire.
Please click on the APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS for the link to the Company's careers page.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of: Client Support Administrator, Client Services Support, Client Support Assistant, Credit Controller, Finance Assistant, Accounts Assistant, Client Relationship Assistant may also be considered for this role.