Graduate Design Engineer / CAD Engineer
Job Title: Graduate Design Engineer
Location: Leamington Spa
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Closing Date: Friday 3rd August 2018
The Company designs, develops manufactures and supplies automotive plastic products to a number of large car manufacturers. We have a design centre and 4 manufacturing plants, employing approximately 1500 people.
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for a Graduate Engineer to join their team based at Leamington Spa.
The successful candidate will work within their growing Design & Development team to develop and deliver world class automotive plastic products to their customers. This role will include a personal development plan with the potential to progress to a range of more senior/engineering positions within the Company.
- CAD design and development of automotive components
- Prototype model generation and concept validation
- Generation of virtual simulations (CAE) and results interpretation
- Development and completion of physical design verification testing
- Generation of supporting design and GD&T documentation
- NPI launch support at The Company's and OEM's manufacturing sites
- Continuous improvement projects for the Design and NPI departments
- Support of the Engineering and Production departments as required
- Degree in Mechanical or related Industrial/Engineering discipline (BEng/BSc)
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Clean working methods and attention to detail
- Ability to self-manage and work in a collaborative team environment
- Excellent literacy, numeracy and IT skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced/high pressure environment
- A passion for Automotive Design
Knowledge of Plastics Manufacture, Tool Design and Polymer Engineering
To apply for this role please select the APPLY button to send your CV.
Candidates with experience or relevant job titles of; Design Engineer, Development Engineer, Product Design Engineer, Product Designer, Product Development, CAD, Design Improvement Engineer, AutoCAD Engineer, AutoCAD Designer, CAD Designer, AutoCAD Technician, Design Technician, Mechanical Engineer, Graduate, Graduate Design Engineer, Trainee Engineer, Trainee Design Engineer may also be considered for this role.