Supervising Social Worker
ARE YOU PASSIONATE ABOUT MAKING A POSITIVE AND LASTING DIFFERENCE TO LOOKED AFTER CHILDREN AND YOUNG PEOPLE?
ARE YOU AN ENTHUSIASTIC SOCIAL WORKER OR NEWLY QUALIFIED SOCIAL WORKER LOOKING FOR A NEW CHALLENGE?
Foster Care Associates (part of the Core Assets Group) are looking for an enthusiastic and committed Supervising Social Worker to join their fostering team in Swansea. This is an excellent opportunity to further develop your skills within fostering and be part of a highly supportive environment where the focus is on delivering high quality support to carers and working together to make a positive and lasting difference to children and young people.
If you are a knowledgeable and experienced social worker with excellent organisational skills, are able to meet deadlines, have excellent communications skills and the ability to analyse situations accurately as well as a passion for fostering then this is the ideal role for you.
You will need to be:
- Qualified or Newly Qualified Social Worker and hold a current HCPC or Social Care Wales registration
- Recent experience in fostering and services for children.
- Possess a good working knowledge of relevant legislation, policies and procedures in relation to fostering and safeguarding.
- Enthusiastic and a committed self-starter with the ability to work independently but also skilled in keeping in touch with team members and carers
- Have the drive and determination to recruit Foster Carers to develop carer growth plans.
- Have excellent assessment skills and be a strong communicator, both written and verbal with good IT skills and be able to produce a high standard of report writing.
In return we offer:
- Full time, permanent position and comes with an attractive salary of up to £32k per annum dependent on experience + company car
- Flexible working arrangement where you can work between home and our Swansea office.
- Generous holiday allowance starting at 28 days and rising to 35 days per annum in line with service
- Child care vouchers
- Contributory pension scheme.
Foster Care Associates is committed to equality in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunities employer. We have also been awarded Double Tick status by the Jobcentre plus. We reserve the right to withdraw this advert without notification. The successful applicant will be subject to a DBS check at enhanced level if successful for the position.