Video and Audio Producer
Do you want to work in one of the country's most vibrant newsrooms covering the best city in the world? The Manchester Evening News is already the largest regional website in the country with a huge audience but we want to get even bigger.
As a Video and Audi Producer you will create compelling, original, shareable video and audio content for publication across web, app and social media platforms.
We are looking for candidates with excellent storytelling techniques, superb social media skills, and a deep understanding of how to make content engaging to digital audiences.
Candidates will be qualified journalists but we will consider, in special circumstances, applicants who have equivalent experience and an exceptional track record.
- Work with the content publishers and publishing editors to establish workflows for efficient publishing of video and audio content across our web, app and social media platforms
- Spot opportunities for creating video content from all content areas
- Support the content publishers and writers in editing video as required
- Use effective social searches and initiative to source engaging video and audio
- Work with content editors and writers to establish opportunities to tell stories through video and audio
- Work with pace and creativity to support breaking news stories with engaging video and audio
- Edit podcasts to a high standard
- Be able to shoot video on occasion
- Use forward planning calendar and news diary to maximise video opportunities from planned events
- Understand how to create video content that readers will share on social media
- Be a positive ambassador for video and podcasts across the newsrooms
- Understand legal issues around sourcing, filming and publishing video and audio
- Ensure brand values are maintained and that digital publishing best practice is adhered to at all times
- Ensure content is produced with the correct metadata at all times
- Create and share content in a way which meets standards set by the business in terms of quality, consistency, brand values, legal accuracy and IPSO compliance
- Maintain a thorough, up-to-date knowledge of media law and IPSO code
The Ideal Candidate
- Ability to film and edit video and audio on mobile, social and desktop apps
- Ability to use image manipulation software for cropping, pixelation and graphics
- Great social media understanding and professional experience of using social media platforms
- Good understanding of SEO, search, social and digital audience behaviour
- Experience of using digital publishing systems such as a content management system
- Adept at using the web and social media for research and curation of content
- An understanding of digital publishing best practice, and high publishing standards
- Organised and efficient, able to prioritise workload effectively
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to take instruction as well as manage own workload efficiently
- Energy, enthusiasm and self-motivation
- Ability to work quickly and effectively under deadline pressure
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Creative, flexible and innovative
- Up-to-date knowledge of media law and IPSO code
- Full driving licence
In addition to competitive salaries, bonus structures (if applicable) and a contributory pension scheme, Reach plc offer a whole host of voluntary flexible benefits. These include a car scheme, holiday purchase, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, staff discounts, season tickets & parking loans and an employee assistance programme.
We are committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.