Football Video and Audio Producer
The Manchester Evening News is seeking to recruit a football video and audio producer to help provide content and video that City and United fans want to devour.
This exciting opportunity is an excellent platform to display your work for a website which has in excess of 70 million pages view a month. Everyone covers United and City but not to the brilliant extent we do at the Manchester Evening News.
Reporting to the Digital Publishing Editor Audience, you will be bursting with ideas which embrace the best of digital journalistic practice.
- Work with the content publishers and publishing editors to establish workflows for efficient publishing of video and audio content across our web, app and social media platforms
- Spot opportunities for creating video content from all content areas
- Support the content publishers and writers in editing video as required
- Use effective social searches and initiative to source engaging video and audio
- Work with content editors and writers to establish opportunities to tell stories through video and audio
- Work with pace and creativity to support breaking news stories with engaging video and audio
- Edit podcasts to a high standard
- Be able to shoot video on occasion
- Use forward planning calendar and news diary to maximise video opportunities from planned events
- Understand how to create video that readers will share on social media
- Be a positive ambassador for video and podcasts across the newsrooms
- Understand legal issues around sourcing, filming and publishing video and audio
- Ensure brand values are maintained and that digital publishing best practice is adhered to at all times
- Ensure content is produced with the correct metadata at all times
- Create and share content in a way which meets standards set by the business in terms of quality, consistency, brand values, legal accuracy and IPSO compliance
- Maintain a thorough, up-to-date knowledge of media law and IPSO code
The Ideal Candidate
- Ability to film and edit video and audio on mobile, social and desktop apps
- Ability to use image manipulation software for cropping, pixelation and graphics
- Great social media understanding and professional experience of using social media platforms
- Good understanding of SEO, search, social and digital audience behaviour
- Experience of using digital publishing systems such as a content management system
- Adept at using the web and social media for research and curation of content
- An understanding of digital publishing best practice, and high publishing standards
- Organised and efficient, able to prioritise workload effectively
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to take instruction as well as manage own workload efficiently
- Energy, enthusiasm and self-motivation
- Ability to work quickly and effectively under deadline pressure
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Creative, flexible and innovative
- Up-to-date knowledge of media law and IPSO code
- Full driving licence
In addition to competitive salaries, bonus structures (if applicable) and a contributory pension scheme, Reach plc offer a whole host of voluntary flexible benefits. These include a car scheme, holiday purchase, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, staff discounts, season tickets & parking loans and an employee assistance programme.
We are committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.