Engineering & Tools Sales Developer
Engineering and Tools Sales Developer
OTE of £25k
ParkerSteel is the largest steel stockholder & processor in the UK and has been successfully trading in the engineering and steel industry for over 100 years. As a family run business, we are focused on continuous innovation and improvements that are implemented collaboratively with our staff. Our company has rapidly grown due to our investment in technology and our staff. At the heart of our business is ensuring our staff are motivated, engaged and developing. All our staff members undergo continuous training and development programmes to help them gain new skills, recognised certificates and the opportunities to further their career with us. As well as free training and development opportunities, all our staff have access to a great variety of high street and online discounts via our PerkBox staff scheme.
As one of the UK's biggest distributors of tools, fixings/fasteners and consumables to the construction industry, ParkerTools are looking for a driven, organised and highly motivated individual to join our team as a Engineering & Tools Sales Developer.
• To pro-actively develop additional profitable business from existing customers and prospects and to increase customer spend through add on sales and associated products where possible.
• To promote our range of products and services to customers
• To promote a professional image to customers at all times.
• To work within Company policy whilst supporting Company goals and objectives.
• To maintain a high level of response to incoming calls using the corporate response.
• To deal quickly, efficiently and courteously with all enquiries, orders, complaints and queries.
• To qualify all leads and record findings on the customer's record file.
• To follow up enquiries and record results on the customer's record file.
• To adhere to customers concessions within the authorised parameters.
• To liaise, co-operate and support other departmental staff members.
• To achieve a personal level of performance consistent with the objectives of the Sales Office.
• To attend Training and Development sessions and set and achieve training objectives.
• To report customer and competitor information to your Supervisor/Manager that might be useful in achieving the overall objectives of the Engineering Development Plan.
• To report large enquiries to your Supervisor/Manager for competitive pricing.
• To utilise new technology as required.
Experience and Skills:
• Good knowledge of tools, fasteners and consumables or other construction related products would be desirable although full training will be provided.
• Experience in a sales environment ideally within the construction industry although full training will be provided.
• Excellent communication and IT skills
• Desire and determination to hit individual and team targets.
• Monday - Friday: 0830-1730
• Company Pension
• Life insurance
• Perk box
• Employee discounts schemes