The Government's Countryside Stewardship Scheme encourages land managers to conserve and protect the countryside in various ways so that it can be enjoyed by future generations.
We are pleased to say that the Rural Payments Agency have chosen Brook Street as their partner to recruit a number of Administrative Officers who will help to administer this scheme. This will give up to 50 candidates the opportunity to expand their skills in a professional, high profile environment giving the chance to gain credible experience within the Public Sector.
Your role as an Administrative Officer will be to provide administrative duties such as the settlement of claims and setting up of new applications. You will receive training that will give you an understanding of the current regulations surrounding the scheme and based on this you will be responsible for:
- Collating and analysing complex information
- Processing claims
- Working at pace with high quality and accuracy
- Liaising with team members regarding queries on claims and agreements
- Communicating with customers regarding claims, amendments and recoveries both
in writing and over the telephone
Experience is great but we have found that, due to the complexity of the work, the role is particularly suited to graduates who are looking to grow their cv or candidates who have had previous administrative experience.
The skills that we are looking for would be:
- The ability to work with minimal supervision and as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective IT skills with experience of using Microsoft Word, Excel and other windows based applications
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to input data accurately and efficiently
- A positive attitude to work and long term availability
You will be working in central York, there are secure bike sheds and there is parking for anyone living more than 7 miles from their nearest park and ride (after the first week). It is very close to bus stops and within easy walking distance from York station.
The office has its own subsidised gym and restaurant.
If you are interested in the opportunity to administer such a great scheme as well as adding a credible organisation to your cv then please apply to Brook Street NOW /job/admin-officer/york/56698164