Agile PMO Manager
Salary: £40000 to £50000 depending on experience + benefits
Hodge is a specialist privately owned organisation providing lending, savings and retirement solutions in a manner which is fair, friendly and personal and which improves the lives of our customers, colleagues and communities through the work of the Hodge Foundation.
We are a financial services business focused on the retail savings, commercial lending and retirement markets. The Hodge Foundation, a charity supporting the welfare, medical, academic and educational areas owns over 75% of our business. This drives us, knowing that by helping our customers to achieve their goals, we are also helping good causes that are important to us.
We have achieved significant growth over the last few years and have ambitious plans to expand further. Our group projects team is key to achieving our plans by delivering a portfolio of change across our business - including digital, regulatory, operational and financial initiatives.
About the role:
Change is a relatively new function at Hodge and we’re using an agile delivery approach and the Scaled Agile change framework. We’re now embedding these across our business and the Agile PMO Manager will support this by working with our executive team, scrum masters, change teams and colleagues to increase their understanding and adoption of agile practices.
This is a new role and provides a rare opportunity for the successful candidate to really make a mark on our business and support the delivery of our ambitious change programme covering both IT and non-IT projects. Reporting directly to the Group Projects Director you will either currently be working within a PMO or will be a scrum master ready to step into the PMO environment.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining the Scaled Agile change management framework, artefacts and SharePoint site.
- Maintaining the Portfolio Kanban and associated artefacts and reporting.
- Programme oversight - working with senior sponsors, stakeholders and teams to support Programme Increment planning and co-ordinate programme plans.
- Team oversight to ensure appropriate tools, techniques and reporting routines are in place leading to delivery of planned outcomes.
- Promoting awareness and adoption of Scaled Agile and agile practices across all levels of the organisation.
- Subject to capacity, acting as scrum master on suitably sized projects.
- Although not a key part of the role, the role-holder must have empathy with the demands of delivery and we see this as the best to achieve this.
As well as the right technical skills and an eye for detail we need a people-person who can manage, motivate, train, coach and develop our people to support the delivery of change across our business.
Holding relevant PMO, project management or agile qualifications you will have a minimum of five years-experience in a change-related environment, and will be provided with the training and support needed to grow into the role. While not a requirement, previous experience in financial services would be desirable.