Residential Children's Home Manager
Are you a passionate individual with the desire to make a difference into children's transition into adulthood? Do you want to shape and develop their life skills?
BS Social Care in Hammersmith is looking for a Registered Ofsted Manager who can match our passion for delivering fantastic service to our client based in Uxbridge. The candidate must have experience managing a residential ofsted home for children with emotional behavioural difficulties and challenging behaviours.
The role of the registered manager will be to lead all Ofsted related matters to the satisfaction of the regulator will develop and lead a committed team to deliver excellent care to the residents of the home, you will demonstrate an understanding of issues related to children in care and how best to achieve positive outcomes for them.
Your duties will be :
- Ensuring the delivery of excellent, safe and appropriate care to the children and young people living in the home.
- Supervising and wide range of staff in a number of roles, including a deputy, care staff and ancillary workers.
- To lead on writing, and ensure compliance with, the policies and the procedures of the home as they affect the tasks undertaken.
- To contribute to, and oversee, the formation of assessments, placement and care plans and review arrangements for young people.
- To provide a level of support to young people as determined by their care plan, to meet their physical, emotional and social care needs, and whether inside or outside the home, to undertake relevant care duties.
- To work in partnership with families, social care, education, health or agency staff in promoting the care of individuals and groups of residents.
- To facilitate and lead on training, team meetings and development sessions in order to improve skills and knowledge in the care environment.
- Ensure that all administrative and financial requirements of the home are maintained in such a way that they are compliant with good childcare practice, the home's procedures and company policies.
You will need to have :
- Previous experience of managing one or more children's homes.
- NVQ 4 Leadership and Management or QCF Level 5 Leadership and Management.
- Ability to write comprehensive reports to the highest standard required within the social care environment.
- Ability to keep good record keeping, monitoring systems and developing models / systems to improve the service
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Patient, resilient and sensitive to the different needs of looked after children.
- Excellent skills in developing staff to their best potential.
Should you meet the above specification then please contact Martin on 0208 748 or email directly for more information.