Role type: Consultancy
We are a global advisory firm working with influential organisations and individuals on the communications and public policy challenges that define their reputations.
Our clients are leaders in their field: groundbreaking technology companies and their founders; global businesses and their CEOs; prominent individuals and renowned institutions.
By working as one team we enable clients to draw on our collective experience to meet their business and personal goals. Our advice is informed by everyone from our accomplished analysts to the founding partners, including leaders who have joined us from senior positions at Google, the Royal Household, Uber, the British Government, Facebook, Manchester United, Bloomberg and the BBC.
Our 45 strong team takes a bespoke approach, working intensively with clients to provide the very best advice and support, tailored to meet their specific needs. Our work spans a wide range of sectors, including technology, business, sport, finance and the arts.
We draw on our collective experience to develop personalised solutions for every client to:
- Promote and protect reputation through strategy, network and profile building
- Identify a distinctive point of view through research and insight
- Communicate a compelling story through narrative and message development
- Shape public policy through campaign planning and policy communications
- Anticipate and mitigate risk through crisis and issues management
- Attract and retain talent through internal communications and employer branding
- Manage media intrusion through privacy protection
- Strengthen operations by assessing and building in-house communications capacity
Unlike many consultancies that focus on day-to-day media relations, our focus is on solving our clients’ most complex and interesting problems, from devising the right long-term strategies that will deliver outstanding business results, to advising on market entry strategies or global public policy strategies.
Milltown Partners is looking to hire an experienced consultant with the ability to lead streams of client work, particularly strategic projects and media delivery. This position provides a fantastic opportunity for a communications professional to work in a fast-paced environment with a hands-on, entrepreneurial team focused on reputation management.
Many of our clients are businesses in the technology and investment sectors, so a strong interest in the reputational issues facing technology companies from a communications and public policy perspective is important for candidates.
The primary responsibility would be leading and driving forward day-to-day client work, including:
- Working with clients on strategy development and planning. This will generally involve spending a substantial amount of time meeting with clients to understand their business objectives and challenges, and then working with the team here to develop the right long-term strategy to meet those objectives.
- Providing counsel to clients on complex issues as they arise. Sometimes this involves practical advice on handling a tricky media issue; in many cases, it is less about media handling and more about helping the client to make the right business decisions.
- For certain clients, high-level proactive media work (think feature in the FT, not small piece on the BBC website).
Milltown Partners is headquartered in London.
A competitive salary is on offer and the role is open for applications from 16 July 2018 until 16 August 2018.
Skills and experience:
- 5 years’ experience in communications (including experience working with technology companies and both top-tier business and tech-focussed media)
- Excellent verbal communications and analytical skills, as well as critical, creative thinking
- Excellent writing skills, with experience in a variety of communications, from drafting an opinion piece or executive speech on behalf of clients, to writing narratives and strategy documents.
- Demonstrated ability to offer strategic counsel and insight direct to clients and client teams.
- A highly strategic approach to communications, and experience of developing detailed communications strategies.
- Experience managing team workflows, including delegating both upwards and downwards.
- Highly motivated team member, who understands business and is enthusiastic about helping to build ours
- Strong experience building and managing client relationships.
- Strong understanding of the full spectrum of the communications landscape, from traditional media to content and digital.
- Strong interest in current affairs, news, and reputational issues concerning technology companies and their founders.
Please email your CV to apply.