A successful international business based in Chester is looking to recruit an experienced Systems Accountant following a period of growth and recent acquisition. You will provide support to the Finance and IT functions and business partner across other departments. The ideal candidate will have strong Systems and Accounting skills and must have experience of SQL, ERP systems and Advanced Level Excel. This role will be a combination of application support, development and reporting.
- Turn functional requirements from group finance, supply chain, and operations teams into technical report specifications, and implement
- Ongoing maintenance and update of reports as required
- Support ERP enhancement and roll-out projects, with an ongoing focus on standardisation of system processes
- Liaise directly with ERP supplier regarding technical issues
- Provide in-house technical knowledge and insight into best approach relating to ERP projects and process changes
- Day-to-day maintenance of ERP system settings and GL integration as necessary
- Ensure warehouse integration files clear into ERP system in a timely manner
- Liaise with third party system IT departments as required
- Manage data integration from ERP system to company Business Intelligence system
- Reconcile sales transactions between ERP and BI systems as required at legal entity level
- Assist finance department with working capital and cash forecasting models
- Assisting the Financial Reporting Manager with completion of statutory audit through liaison with external audit team on specific data needs
- Support functional ERP system users day-to-day as required, and anticipate potential problems arising that need escalation to Project Manager
- Assist corporate finance team in ad-hoc commercial and operational analysis
The idea candidate will have worked in a similar role previously and must be able to start work on minimal notice.