Category Manager Vitamins, Herbals, Minerals & Supplements Maternity C
Job Title: Category Manager - Vitamins
Job Type: 12 Months FTC ( Maternity Cover)
Salary: GBPCompetitive plus benefits
We have a great opportunity for a Category Manager - Vitamins ( 12 months FTC) to join our Buying Team at Holland & Barrett International, based in our Store Support Centre in Nuneaton, nr Coventry (CV10 7RH).
As a Category Manager for the Vitamins, Herbals, Minerals & Supplements Categories you will report to the Senior Category Manager for VHMS, and will own the product management process of a specialist, market leading retailer - from the drawing board into our customers' hands.
The successful candidate will be highly driven and tenacious with experience in retail buying. You will be responsible for developing the buying strategy for your growing product areas, and will source and develop product ranges which satisfy our customers' requirements, whilst achieving our company objectives.
By confidently using your influencing and negotiating skills, both with our supplier base and internally, you'll work strategically to make sure we have deliver customer-centric ranges and promotions that meet our financial targets
- To continuously review current category performance and the market place. Work with Supplier base to develop an innovative and profitable product range to meet anticipated demand of the customer base and improve the commercial performance of the category.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of the customer and supply base to understand which are the most appropriate levers to use to maximise business performance.
- To define and manage a critical path to deliver Category reviews and consequently launch new category plans within agreed timescales through efficient planning.
- Drive supplier negotiations to maximise profits on branded product ensuring that all suppliers are meeting requirements on margin, marketing support and delivery performance.
- Work with the Marketing team to maximise the success of promotional activity through accurate forecasting.
- Communicate any issues that will effect category, promotion or product performance in a timely and efficient manner to all key stakeholders.
- Responsible for direct reports' performance and development through objective setting and guidance.
- Ensure team sets up, manages and follows all administration systems and procedures to convert consumer demand into sales through product availability and delivery with particular monitoring of Sarbanes requirements
- Work closely with the Supply Chain team and the warehouse to ensure all stock is in the right place at the right time taking account of lead times and supplier requirements. Be proactive in dealing with any issues arising including dated stock, store stock and poor supplier performance
- Ensure that all administration relating to cost prices and supplier details are accurately maintained and all account and invoice queries are dealt with in an efficient and timely manner
- Provide information and analysis to assess levels of slow moving & dormant stock and work with the team to clear. Maintain stock at agreed levels for planned activity and to reduce overstocks
- Experience in FMCG/retail environment.
- Numerate, good analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to be flexible and work to tight deadlines.
- Line manager experience
- Confident Excel skills
- Strong influencing and persuasive skills.
- Ability to build relationships both with suppliers and internal multi-discipline teams.
- Commercially adept.
- Good communication skills.
- Time Management.
- Determined, tenacious and resilient.
- Optimistic and open-minded to change.
- Customer focussed.
- Positive, resourceful and energetic team worker.
- Drive to continuously improve self and team performance.
Holland & Barrett is one of the nation's most loved and trusted brands, known for offering quality health food, vitamins and supplements all sold by highly trained and qualified advisors.
Bucking the current trend of high street retailers, we forecast significant growth and expansion plans in the coming years, with considerable investment going into all areas of the business. We certainly embrace change and drive speed in everything we do. Every day presents a different challenge, but every day is also filled with fun, teamwork and passion to succeed and surpass every expectation.
Join us and see how far you can go???