Lead Development Surveyor
We are currently looking for a an enthusiastic, ambitious and pro-active Lead Development Surveyor to join the new Place Delivery and Strategic Property team at West Suffolk Councils, based in Bury St Edmunds.You will join us on a full time, permanent basis with a competitive starting salary £42,806 - £43,757 per annum depending on qualifications/experience (potentially rising to £49,608 through annual Performance Review awards), plus excellent benefits package!
We are about to embark on the next stage of our journey in becoming a Single Council by 2019.
In delivering Growth there has never been a more exciting time to join us, we are looking for an energetic and results focused individual to help us innovate and drive delivery of our agenda. Here in West Suffolk we are setting the pace nationally for transforming local government and investing in our communities and businesses. We are part of the UK economic engine and have earned a national reputation for being an organisation that gets things done and listened to by Government.
The Lead Development Surveyor Role
In order to deliver our priorities we have identified additional skills, therefore we are expanding our Growth team!
The role will involve appraising opportunities for investment and development across all land and property types, negotiating with agents and developers, and providing sound, considered and credible advice to Members and Officers on land and property matters.
We are looking for somebody who can see beyond the purely property technical matters and understand the wider economic, social, environmental and political drivers that drive growth for the benefit of the people and businesses of West Suffolk.
Our ideal Lead Development Surveyor:
- Experience is important, but secondary to drive and enthusiasm to find solutions, think strategically, work at pace, and be an integral part of a new exciting new multi-disciplinary team
- Flexible approach to work with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Extensive post qualification experience, demonstrating personal drive and ambition and experience in a management position with the ability to manage complex projects using project management systems and techniques
- Working within a political environment isn’t essential, but to have an understanding of local government is desirable
- Ability to develop strong relationships with colleagues and key stakeholders both internally and externally to make things happen is essential
What can we offer our Lead Development Surveyor?
- Enthusiastic, dedicated and committed colleagues to work with, in order to deliver our corporate priorities
- You will enjoy a flexible and supportive working environment and personal development opportunities
- Benefits of employee/employer contributory pension scheme
- Employee benefits package
- Additional leave purchase scheme.
Closing date: Monday 30th July 2018
So if this sounds like a role you are interested in, why not click ‘apply’ today to become our Lead Development Surveyor. We’d love to hear from you!
With effect from 1 April 2019 St Edmundsbury and Forest Heath Councils we will become a single council and will be known as West Suffolk Council.